Chapter 11: Family photoshoot

We are in Malibu for the family shoot. Daddy and I were in the break of many of our pictures. "Baby. How you loving the Californian sun?" Daddy asks. "Loving it and wishing we could stay longer." I say to him. "We will. After you on Christmas break or summer. I know your Mother wants to go to Louisiana." he says. 

We spend Christmases in Louisiana and Thanksgivings in Atlanta. We get an equal share of both sides. Not one being neglected by the other. "Daddy don't you think is doing to much? I know but why can't we stay home for winter break?" I ask. "You know how bad the weather can get in New York." he says. "You know if you guys do well we can't go anywhere anyways but stay in New York." I say.

"I know that baby. But its the life you were born in and the one that me and your mother chose. You don't have to worry." Dad says always.

We went back to slaying this photoshoot. The rest of the day I was chewing over the words Dad said to me and then what caught my mind was that me and Jeilani and becoming more and more serious and what we going to do when Christmas happens. All of his family is up here and I have to leave. I wish he could meet them all but he can't. I sigh. After our final shot we take a nice family dinner somewhere in the city.

"What's wrong Cass?" Mom asks. "Nothing Mama." I say. Dad looks at me. "Something is Daddy baby." he says. 

"Just thinking about stuff." I say. "Alright Cassidy. We'll talk more when we get back to New York." he says. For our flight back to the big city I just laid down right in the center of my bed and just started to think. Then exactly an hour later my Dad was sitting beside me. "Hey Daddy baby." he says. I mumble a hi. "Oh this what I meant to show you earlier." he says. He lifts up his shirt and on the side of his rib cage and leading onto his stomach is a portrait of me. 

"I was going to show you on your birthday but I wanted to show you now." he says. I smile. He had everything perfect. "Daddy its perfect." I say.