Chapter13 :Daddy's business trip

Daddy wanted me to come with him to a business deal with him. Just something to help his image. We pulled up at a recording studio. "Daddy is this another thing for music. You can't sing or rap." I say. "I know that. All this is they need a football player signed with them to show they have support from the players." he says.

The two biggest producers in New York Morgan and Miles Jackson. They own half of all the record companies in New York. "Odell Beckham Jr. and his beautiful daughter." they say. They had their son with them. "This is our son Kayan (Ky -Ann)." his mom says. "Hey Kayan, I'm Cassidy." I say. "I know who you are. I follow you on every social media outlet there is." he says. "Ok." I say. Dad nudged me. "Kay why don't you show Cassidy around to the studio." his mom says.

We walked into one of the biggest studios I ever seen. "Wow." I say. "Sweet huh?" he says. "Yeah. My boyfriend's parents have something like this in their house." I say. "Your boyfriend is the luckiest guy." he says. I look at him. "How?" I ask folding my arms across my chest. I'm in some red bottom heels, ripped jeans, a white shirt, with a black jacket. Hair in its natural curly afro. Lips covered in red MAC lipstick. "Cause he's dating the most beautiful girl in all of New York. I seen the pictures you post." he says. "That's sweet and all.." I say.

He opened up a fridge and poured champagne in two glasses. He handed one to me. "Thanks." I say. I only drink when my parents allow me to which is never. "What school you go to?" he asks me. "One in the other side of Queens." I say. "You don't sound like you from New York." he says. "My accent is a mix of Atlanta and Louisiana." I say.

"Wish a pretty girl like you wasn't taken." he says. "Where is the conference room. Cause I want to support my Dad." I say.

When we entered the conference room I took a seat by Daddy. Kayan sat beside his Dad. "Cassidy. You like what you see?" his Dad asks. "Its nice." I say. "Your father tells us you have a beautiful voice." his Mom says. I snide eye my Daddy. He knew I sang in my spare time but I didn't want to make a career out of it. "Yes, but if I did want to work with someone I would work with Justice and Rebecca Brown." I say. 

"Why those two?" his mom asks. "Let's say I'm very close with their son." I say. After our meeting Dad and I rode in silence to Hard Rock.

"Baby what was up with that?" he asks. "Kayan tried to push up on me and I don't play that. Never have never will. You know I want to sing with Jeilani." I say to my Dad. "I know, but you need to explore your options." he says. My Dad has good intentions but bad timing. I love my Dad but I just wish this would fly.