Chapter 5: Family matters

Being with the in crowd you kind of know what's going on in the school. But Jerry's is the hangout spot after every basketball and football game in the area. Nia, me and the boys took a booth in the back. "Great game you two. I'm proud of you Cally." Nia says to her 6'1 boyfriend. I look at Jeilani who is sitting beside me. 

He's smiling. "You guys are the best." I say to him. "Thanks Cassidy. It was even more special that you were there rooting me on." he says. I blush. While we ate and talked I got a call from my Dad. "Hey. I better get going." I say. "What? C'mon Cassidy." Nia says. "I got curfew. You know how my parents are." I say. I got my keys and Jeilani followed. "It sucks you have to go. But how about a movie tomorrow." he says. "Sounds fun. I'll see you tomorrow." I say.

When I got home my parents were in the living room with my Uncle Kav. "Uncle Kav!" I say. "Cassidy!" he says. "Really? You hug your godparent before your parents. Its cool. We good." Dad says. "Daddy! I haven't seen Uncle Kav in forever. Anyways how are you?" I ask him. "Good. I left something in your room for you baby." he says. I went upstairs into my room. On my bed was a shoe box. A golden shoe box. Only one pair of shoes in the world comes in a shoe box like this. Red bottoms. My Uncle Kav got me some red bottoms. I looked up to see him. "Does your Uncle Kav know his goddaughter?" he asks me. "Of course." I say as I hug him. "I got you another gift. I got you a Bentley. Don't tell your parents. I'll have your father drive it over. Come and hug me Cassidy." he says. "I love you Uncle Kav." I say.

"I know you do. Keep up the good work in school. I'll be in the city for the next month. Come by anytime." he says.

After Uncle Kav left I put away my new heels and looked for something to wear for my date with Jeilani. "Hey baby." Dad says. "Hey Daddy." I say. "You like the gift your Uncle Kav gave you." he asks. "They're beautiful. And did he tell you he got me a Bentley?" I ask him. "Yes. He mentioned he was looking at cars for you." he says. "I love it. But Dad. I got asked out by Jeilani. He's a top football player and he's really feeling me and I really like him." I say. Dad motions for me to sit on my bed. "Baby. You like him. Don't worry. Is he picking you up?" he asks. "Yes. Don't worry. I love you baby. Get some sleep." Dad says.