Chapter 9: Mines

So homecoming is a few weeks away. Me and Nia and our boys were nominated for homecoming king and queen. "You and Calvin been together longer than me and Jeilani."I was saying to her. The boys were behind us talking about the game this Friday. "I know but you and Jeilani are a cute couple and you two are the most popular in school anyways." she says. "That's a lie. We're both popular." I say. "True. We're basically twins from two different mamas." she says. 

I smile as the boys give us see you late hugs and kisses. "Moving on to our next lesson young minds." our teacher begins.

By the end of the day, I'm clearing out my locker for home. "Hey baby." Jeilani says. "Hey baby." I say. "So I was thinking on the dance I was wondering what you wanted for color choices." he says.

"I'm thinkin pink and gray. You would look nice in gray." I say. He smiles. "Alright. I'll get on the tux today and we can finish up some time this week." he says while kissing my forehead. I smile as I head out of the school.

I open the door to my Bentley. Yeah thought I break it out today. "Hey Cassidy." someone says. Only one person who says that. Ciara. "What do you want Ciara?" I ask her. I toss my bag in the passenger seat. "Nothing just your boyfriend." she rests her hand on my car. "Get your filthy hands off my car. I don't know where they been. And read my lips. You ain't getting him. NEVER." I say to her.

"Watch your back Beckham." she says.

When I walked in the house Mom and Dad were on the phone with their agent. "Cassidy just walked in." I heard Dad say. I walked into Dad's office where Mom was on his lap. I took a seat on his couch. "A family photoshoot in Malibu this weekend sounds great." Dad says. Nah. This weekend is homecoming.

"I can't do this one guys. Its homecoming and me and Jeilani are going together and we're nominated for homecoming king and queen." I say. Mom looks at Dad. "Odell. We can't let her be sad. Otherwise we'll be hearing about it forever. And when she's mad, I'm mad." I say.

"Thursday my only other option and I know baby girl has school." Dad says. "Schedule it for next weekend." she says. "Fine." he says. "We love you OBJ." Mom says as she kisses him. He smiles. "I know y'all do otherwise I wouldn't be doing what I did." he says. 

"Oh guys, I saw Ciara again." I say. "What she say to you?" Mom asks. "Saying I need to watch my back." Mom gets up. "Did she threaten my child?" she says. "Maddie. Cassidy will be fine. We're Beckhams." he says.