36

L8sa went back to her own world in the afternoon. She also brought back two flame date saplings and a basket of flame dates. There was originally a live fish, but the smuggling operation failed. The living creatures of that world obviously could not be brought here, at least not for the time being. She left Little Bai with Old Kookie; it was having a good time with its little friends.

After returning home, Lisa immediately set off for Qingwei County.

Papa  and Mama had not seen their daughter for a long time. It was a moment of enquiring of each other’s well being, joyously and harmoniously.

“You came back at a good time, we’re about to start eating.” Mama  pulled Lisa  into the house with a smile.

“Mom, there are still some things in my car. I’ll take them out first.” As soon as Lisa finished speaking, she prepared to open the trunk.

“What’s the hurry? Eat first.” Mama said with an all too knowing expression, “As if I don’t know how you are. They’re probably healthy foods again. Your dad and I are already tired of eating them.”

Lisa: “Hoho.” Is it really okay to attack your daughter’s filial piety?

“Go wash your hands and prepare to eat.” Papa , wearing an apron, smoothly arranged the dishes and chopsticks.

“Okay.”

After Lisa washed her hands, she smelled the aroma of the food and greedily said, “Ah, it’s been so long since I tasted Dad’s cooking.”

As she spoke, she couldn’t wait to put a piece of meat into her mouth and slowly savor it.

“You’re getting more and more unruly.” Mama  slapped her forehead lightly, “You’re so old already, how can you act like a child?”

“There’s no other way. Mom and Dad are to blame for spoiling me too much, turning me into a little princess.” Lisa was also very helpless.

“Enough nonsense!” Mama laughed at her.

Papa  laughed from the side as well, all the worries that were frustrating him were dispelled by his precious daughter.

While the family was eating happily, a few uninvited guests dragged themselves in, destroying the wonderful atmosphere.

“Yo, it’s meal time.” The bald headed man scanned the three of them one by one, and finally settled on Lisa , “Lisa is back? Long time no see, you’re becoming more and more beautiful.”

“Uncle.” Lisa stood up and greeted him, her attitude neither warm nor cold.

Uncle  ignored the alienating gaze of Papa  and introduced, “Lisa, this is your Eldest Uncle’s son, Minjun, 26 years old. You used to play together when you were young, remember?”

Lisa looked towards Minjun. He was about 180 cm tall, lean in build, and looked pretty good. However, his gloomy eyes were shaped like inverted triangles, and he gave off the feeling that he was a vicious person who might stab you in the back at any moment.

“Marco, what’s the meaning of this?” Papa set his chopsticks aside, his tone carrying a hint of anger.

“I’m just bringing the juniors over for a visit.” Marco patted Minjun on the shoulder, laughing so hard that his muscles bunched up, and he looked like a ████.[1]

As soon as Lisa came back, Marco came to the door. Even barging in while others were eating, it could be said to be very arrogant and domineering.

“You came for a visit and now you’ve visited. If there is nothing else, please leave.” Papa drove them off harshly.