Chapter 14 - Baby, here we go again

Hangover.

Yup, Louis wants to die. He hasn't drank that much in a longtime.

Guilt.

He can't believe he just left his office unannounced. He's sure the load of work is going to bite his ass whenever he goes back. He has been impulsive but never irresponisble. This is unprofessional behavior.

Relief.

For once, he stops blaming himself and thinks maybe he overreacted a bit. That it is not entirely his fault and nothing has been said. That taking his distance is the only solution and everything will be soon back to normal. As long as he doesn't have sex with Harry and Chloe anymore.

He sees the time, ten thirty, orders room service, takes a good hot long shower, drinks tons of water, eats breakfast, texts Niall he's okay but busy, opens his laptop and catches up with work. Lots of things piled up so his day is quite full.

The evening, the same driver comes to take him to Niall's show. He always feels so proud when he sees Niall on stage, shining and doing what he's born to do. They don't stay long backstage so they head back to the hotel in the same car. Their dinner is already in Niall's room.

"Thanks for yesterday, brother! Needed it!" Louis starts.

"It's nothing! Feeling better now?"

"Yeah, have clearer mind. I'll just let time deal with it, you know? There's no need for drama, I'm not expecting anything, just let the heat pass."

"Hmm" Niall agrees. "Good decision, it's not like they want to break up."

"I think they still don't know what's happening, but even if they do, I don't think that will be a reason for them to break up." Louis talks in between bites. "It's also not like I will ever get into a relationship with any of them. That's not even an option. That's just messy."

Niall nods munching on his chicken wings.

"We just need to go back to before."

Niall laughs suddenly. Louis raises his brows at him.

"I can't believe you all had threesome!" Niall shakes his head amusedly.

"Yeah, laugh at my misery, won't you?"

"It's just funny... I get images in my head!"

Louis throws some food at him. "You little, shit! Stop that, Niall!"

Niall cackles unabashedly. "I'm glad you're over it then, would be awkward at mine and Amelia's engagement party."

"What?" Louis stands. "Boyoooooo!" He smiles so big his face is extending. "Fuuuck!" He opens his arms for Niall.

Niall laughs at his excitement and extends his hands to be hugged.

Louis holds him so tight, his face is burried in Niall's neck. "I'm so happy for you, mate! Way to go!"

"Thanks, mate!" Niall cackles happily.

"Damn!" Louis adds taking back his sit.

"I'm going to propose when we land from Japan on Sunday."

"Wow, you're so ready! Congrats, about time, mate!"

"Yeah, it's time. I'm off the market!"

"Frankly, she's good to you. You're the best version of yourselves with each other!"

"I'm happy you approve."

"Com'on, lad!"

~

Zayn is married, Liam is engaged, now Niall is also engaged, Harry is in a stable relationship if Louis can keep himself away. And he will.