Chapter 9 - Who knows?

Saturday comes faster than expected. Not much people for Amelias' party. Just their friend group and her other loved ones, gathering in a rooftop green garden picnic.

Everybody from their group is present. But Harry came fashionably late saying he almost couldn't make it. Everyone is happy to see Niall. Amelia the most as it was a surprise.

Some of them now sit around a small camp fire listening to Niall sing. Others are spread around talking to each other and just chill.

Right after Harry kisses Chloe and the other girls from the table hello, his eyes wonders around to find Louis, who, sits legs spread on a chair, a common wooden chair, but near the fire. Only Louis would do that. The man cannot sit on a floor if his life depended on it. He just can't.

Harry joins him by sitting on his leg directly and greets the five people around them with a wave. Louis automatically sits up to accommodate Harry in a more comfortable position.

Niall calls across of them: "Harry, I literally just came back from another country and you just wave at me? But sit on Louis' lap? Where did we go wrong, Harry?" He puts his guitar into a stop for more dramatic effect.

Harry guiltily stands up and goes around the fire to hug him. "Sorry, Niall, I'm happy you're home! How are you, man? How was tour? Did you bring me anything?"

Niall pinches his side through the hug. "Too little too late, lad!"

Harry just squishes him extra hard.

"These are Amelias and I' friends" Niall points out "Glenn, Sam and Lana. Guys, this is Harry."

They all shake hands before Harry goes back to Louis' lap. Louis welcomes him like nothing happened, putting a hand around Harry's waist.

"Play us something then, Ni! Ones we could all sing along to." That was Harry's last sentence for the time being before he puts a hand around Louis' neck and demands his attention.

"I haven't seen you for so long." He murmurs so it won't stop the other's singing. He brings the hand behind Louis' neck to his hair.

He is so tall in Louis' lap, well, especially in Louis' lap so Louis has to lift his head to look at him. "It's been a week." He scolds.

"Well, with that attitude might as well not see you ever!" Harry pouts but makes no sign to move.

"Will you survive that?" He looks up at Harry straight in the eyes and the way Harry holds the eye contact brings a flashback to their first night again.

Both their breath hitch and Harry is quick to turn his eyes, obviously feeling a similar flashback. "No." Then puts his chin on top of Louis' head but that also was a wrong move as his neck is right next to Louis' lips and Louis' breath hasn't evened yet. Flashback to the second time. That sends them both shivers, goose bumps are visible in Harry's hand and Louis' arms on his waist tightens. They have always touched before. But these reactions are new. And undoubtfully mutual.

The two of them retract nonchalantly to keep a little space between. Harry turns around to face the fire and they just listen to Niall and the others sing.

Louis and Harry try their best not to move much because apparently, every action is a trigger. And they are yet to talk about it. They just put their hands on each other, cannot even sway to the music.

Soon dinner table is ready and they join the girls. They stand and walk to find a sit.

Chloe is smiling ear to ear upon seeing them. She trails towards the two and open her arms for both and each just kissed her on the cheeks. Then they sit, but Harry in between.