Chapter 6: Kade

Who the hell did she think she was? Trying to order everyone around. This was my pack! My rules! And my decisions! Who was she to say that a cafe should be opened up? Now the Slayers would be on my land more often.

Pack members get vary of them and why not. They have the highest rank a wolf could have. Also the worst temper. They wouldn't even think to question me before killing one of my pack members. They wouldn't give a damn. I paced the length of my office in agitation.

"What's up man?" Chris asked.
"I hate Zoey!" I scowled.
"Why? She's such a sweet girl," he said.
"Who the hell does she think she is huh? She should be happy that I compiled having her instead of some other powerful wolf!" I growled.
"Sh. She can listen us you know," he said.
"Who's side are you on?" I glared at him.
"I am on your side of course. But I still won't back talk Zoey," he said.

I snorted.

"It hasn't been a day since she's been included and you are taking her side," I said.
"She does so much around the pack house. Even washes our clothes," Chris said.
"That's because she's used to it," I scoffed.
"Drinks?"

Both of us turned around to look at Zoey. It was a hot summer's day and the heat was humid. Our wolves coat combined gave us much more heat than we needed.

"Thanks," Chris said, taking one glass from her and gulping it down in one gulp.
"I don't want it," I turned the other way.

Zoey sat the glass on the table and left.

"This was no way to treat her," Chris said.
"You don't get to question me," I scowled.

I sat down on the soft chair and rubbed my neck.

"Can I go? Melissa is calling me," Chris said.

I nodded and he left closing the door softly behind him. I rubbed my temples and closed my eyes. I have run this pack since I was 15. A position far younger than the norm. Ever since that fateful day I had not been able to let myself go and fully relax.

I suddenly felt soft hands on my shoulders and opened my eyes. Only to see Zoey working on my tense muscles. It felt sooo good! I never thought a massage would feel so great! I groaned as she worked on my shoulder muscles and then my neck.

"Feeling better?" Zoey asked.

I opened my eyes to look into her brown ones.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
"What does it look like?" Zoey asked, massaging my neck.
"That feels so good," I closed my eyes again in bliss.
"Just relax and don't think," she said.
"Where did you learn how to do that?" I asked.
"Back at my old pack, I always massaged my Alpha's son whenever he asked," she said.
"And if you didn't?" I asked.

Her hands stilled at my question making me open my eyes. I looked up and saw that our faces were close. Really close. I was looking at her upside down. My eyes flickered to her lips and I paused.

A pair of lips had never looked so inviting up till now. Damien thumped his tail on the ground and whined. I had half a mind to kiss those lucious looking lips. My train of thoughts however broke off as the door opened and in came Chris.

"Hey Kade. Would you look at this?"

Only to stop and stare as Zoey and I whipped back away from each other. Chris raised his brow and smirked as I glared at him.

"I will just finish my work then," Zoey muttered.

Zoey practically fled the room as I stood up from my chair with my muscles now relaxed. Thanks to Zoey.

"Did I interrupt something private?" Chris smirked.
"Shut up. It was nothing," I said.
"It didn't seemed to be nothing," he said.
"What the hell did you want?" I scowled.
"I wanted to show you this document the Slayers faxed us," Chris said.
"What's that about?" I asked.
"They had agreed to open up the cafe and have send you the construction money," he said.