Chapter 18: Kade

I was discussing the border pattrol with Chris and the guards when I felt a breach in the territory. Chris and I looked at each other before sprinting towards the pack house.

Everybody stay on alert!

That was yelled through the mindlink. A frenzy of emotions enveloped me as I hurried to the pack house. My first concern was to get Julia to the save room in my room.

"What's wrong?" Julia asked.
"We have a breach in the territory and I want all the women and children safe," I ordered.

Damien was trying to get out and it was hard for me to restrain him. A series of long howls and growls filled the air. Everything was full chaos. Who would attack a pack unannounced? Cowards I tell ya!

My pack was running in all different directions trying to move to a safe spot. There was no way I could now organize them. I had to just let them be. Shifting into Damien wasn't hard at all. I bounded towards the border area and saw my pattrol team fighting.

The opposition wolves had us surrounded at the borders and were slowly moving in. You could only hear growls, snarls and howls of the wolves as they fought to stay alive. I saw Vincent and Jackson fighting amongst the wolves. They had their back to each othet and were doing great.

I saw a young wolve surrounded by three wolves and leapt to protect him. I snarled and bared my white fangs as the pup cowered behind me. Their eyes were a dirty yellow meaning they were rogues. Rogues on my territory! A fraction of a second later I saw red and started attacking left and right.

I saw a tawny wolf come at me from the corner of my eyes and got out of their way. Blood was splattered on me which wasn't mine. Dead bodies lay on the ground some with their eyes wide open staring blankly. I shivered moving quickly away from them. It reminded me of someone I so didn't want to be reminded to.

My men were getting tired after a while. Some were dead while the others who were still alive looked ready to give in. A long loud whistle made everything stop. I looked around and noticed a blonde guy not to far from my pack's boundary. He hadn't entered obviously and he smirked at me.

I growled at him and flicked me the finger.

"This was just the begining of what is to come Alpha," the blonde guy smirked.

I bared my teeth and growled at him. How dare he come on my territory to warn me? He just gave me the finger again and I snarled loudly. He ordered his rogues to leave the ones which were alive. I was sorry to see them go. I wanted to show them my anger.

"We will be back. Might want to prepare a meat fest for us," the man called again.

I watched them go until I couldn't see them anymore and morphed back into human form. I was seething as Chris approached me.

"Take the injured to the hospital. I will see them later," I said.

Chris nodded as he breathed heavily. The attack had us shaken up. It was unannounced. No one ever dared to attack us. This must be some new pack thinking they are hot shots. They don't know what's coming for them. After my run I felt sort of refreshed and went back to my pack announcing a pack meeting.

I looked over at my member who were gathered around the yard. The injured having already being taken care of those. Relatives of the deceased were weaping for the loss of their loved ones. In the crowd I saw Zoey who seemed to be comforting a pack woman. She looked at me and I saw her eyes roam all over me.

A warm feeling enveloped around me at that gesture. It showed that she cared. Sje cared enough to check how I was. Being the eldest of the two siblings without any parents was never the easiest thing. Especially being a leader.

"Fellow members," I began in a solemn voice.

The crowd quieted down and stared at me expectantly.

"We were attack today unannounced by a pack thinking they were better than us. Yet we threw them out of our territory. Our pattrol team had been brave in this Ordeal and some of them had died fighting which is an honor in itself."

"So then who's fault it is our mates are dead?" A woman called.

I could feel her anger radiating from her even at a distance. Damien growled low in my mind not liking how she was talking to him. Talking to an Alpha. In that tone! Now was not the time to exert my power. They needed not a leader but a confidant.

"I can understand your pain," I spoke softly.
"No you cannot! How can you understand our pain when you don't even have a mate?" Another scoffed.
"You think living without any of your parents is easy?" I growled loudly.

That shut them up real quick.

"I can not begin to imagine what you must be going through. The pain of losing your mate," I sighed.

My eyes found Paisley was standing at the far back of the crowd towards the forest. I squinted my eyes as I saw something in her hand. A cup perhaps? Of coffee? Didn't she had any remorse for my members?

"They didn't even say goodbye," another woman said, sniffling.
"I maybe your Alpha but I am your confidant first. Any problems you have you come to me. I will make sure you are all well looked after. You need to be strong for yourself and your children," I said.

Looking through the crowd again I saw many faces relaxing at my speech. My eyes found Zoey again to see she had a mixture of emotions on her face. Awe, happy, sad. Every emotion you could think of was there. Only for a fraction of a second before it was all gone.

"We'll be holding the funeral day after tomorrow," I said, turning to leave.

The crowd started dispersing after that. A few members approached me for their problems and I was more than happy to help.

Didn't expected that, did you?😂 an unexpected attack! Is it Paisley's doing? Who is this pack? Is there a connection of this pack with Kade or not?

Please vote and comment. Your feedback is much appreciated!🤗❤

Chocolate-Lover93