Chapter 21: Zoey

I sat on the edge of the chair opposite Paisley after Kade called Alpha Xander. Paisley was glaring holes at me as I tried not to look up. It was after a few rings that he must have picked up.

"Hello Alpha Xander. It's me. Kade Reith from the Potent pack," Kade said.

His voice was devoid of emotion and his eyes were dull. I wouldn't want to imagine someone cheating to be ones mate. I shuddered thinking about it. It shouldn't happen.

"What I want to say is that I want you to come over now," Kade said.
~~~

"If you don't come over now I will take matters into my own hands," Kade growled.

~~~

"Yes. It has something to do with your daughter. And if you want me to do justice to her then I suggest you come here as quickly as possible," Kade growled at the end.
~~~

"Yes see you at seven tonight," Kade finished the call.

"Get some dinner rrady by seven tonight," Kade said, turning towards me.

I nodded only since I knew that his anger was just beneath the surface. I had seen it first hand. It wasn't something pretty.

"And you!" Kade growled, looking at Paisley who jumped at his voice.
"Me?" Paisley squeaked.
"I don't think I was talking to the wall behind you. Now was I?" He scoffed, making me let out a small giggle.
"I want you to stay in your room until daddy dearest come. If you even set foot outside the consequences won't be good!" Kade growled.
"Yes," Paisley whispered.
"You get on with the dinner," Kade turned to me.

I noticed his expression relaxed a bit when he looked at me. I couldn't help but feel elated that I was able to calm his wolf. I gave a small nervous smile before walking out of the office and into the kitchen. I had only set out the pots and pans for dinner when I was shoved against the stove making me hiss in pain. Turning around I saw that it was none other than Paisley. Of course.

Her eyes were glaring at me and if eyes could burn you I would be dead and burried not six but ten feet under the ground.

"What do you think you are doing? You have no right to search my room! You are a mere omega and you should learn your place!" Paisley snarled.
"Well then as an omega it's my duty to clean the rooms," I said, smirking.
"What are you playing at?" She growled.
"Sweetie I may be an omega by status but my dad is the gamma of the previous pack," I smirked.
"So? That gives you right to barge into people's privacy?" She snarled.
"Yes. If it meant that I will save this pack from ehatever you are planning," I said,staring straight into her eyes.
"How dare you challenge me! I am an Alpha!" Paisley shouted.
"And I am a gamma by blood. But you don't see me shouting about it at every corner do you?" I scoffed.
"What's going on?"

Both of us turned around to look at the source and found that it was Chris.

"Oh nothing Chris. We were just having a friendly argument," I smiled sweetly.
"Didn't Kade ordered you to go to your room? What the hell are you doing in the kitchen?" Chris demanded, looking at Paisley.

Paisley huffed and left but not before giving me a death glare. Julia's friendship had me get stronger than before and I just answered her glare with one of my own. I was able to stand on my own now. And aside from Julia it might be the reason that Kade's pack treated me with respect and accepted me as their own.

By the time dinner was ready Alpha Xander had arrived. Kade waited for the dinner to be over before telling him the news. Paisley was very quite during dinner and I was getting nervous. I couldn't even eat that's how nervous I was.

"Alpha Xander if I could have a word with you in my office?" Kade asked.
"Of course," Alpha Xander nodded.
"Paisley and Zoey you need to come too," Kade said, standing up.

I knew the pack must be curious as to what was going on but didn't comment or made any noise as the four of us went into Kade's office.

"You sounded like there was an emergency so I came as quickly as I could," Alpha Xander said.
"Well since it has something to do with your daughter then of course it's an emergency," Kade said.
"What did my daughter do?" Alpha Xander asked.
"I didn't do anything! It's a set up!" Paisley exclaimed.

Her words made me want to scoff but I held my tongue.

"It wasn't a question for you to answer Paisley," Kade glared at her.
"Do you know something about these herbs?" Kade held out the packet to Alpha Xander.
"Yes. They are used to immitate ones smell to make other believe they are the person's mate," alpha Xander said.
"Exactly. And that's what your dauggter just did!" Kade exclaimed.
"Paisley! Is what I am hearing right" Alpha Xander asked.
"It's all her fault! She's trying to frame me!" Paisley exclaimed, pointing her finger at me.

I juat remained quite knowing that it wasn't the time to start a fight.

"And why would Zoey do that?" Kade asked.
"Because she hates me!" Paisley growled.
"I actually hate a lot of people and you are way down in that list," I grumbled.
"See?" Paisley asked, makjng me roll my eyes.

Childish much?.

"Why would you do this Paisley?" Alpha Xander asked.
"Zoey has been nothing but accomodating to you," Kade said.
"You want to know why?" Paisley asked, standing up.

Paisley was glaring at her own dad her hands held into fists at her side. Her attitude made me worried. What was going on here? Was there something I was missing?

"Yes," Alpha Xander said.
"Because you made me reject my mate!" Paisley yelled.

I blinked my eyes. Once. Twice. Did I hear that right?

"Your mate?" Kade asked.

So yeah. I did hear right.

"Yes! He was going to accept me when dad challenged him to reject me and live or accept me and die!" Paisley growled.
"I never did such a thing!" Alpha Xander exclaimed, standing up.
"Oh. So you don't remember Jack?" Paisley asked, bitterly.
"Oh that lowlife rogue? He's a disgrace to the wolf race Paisley," Alpha Xander growled.
"No! He's my mate! And i get to chose whether to live with him or not!" Paisley growled.
"He cannot be a mate to an Alpha!" Alpha Xander's voice rose a bit.

I squirmed in my chair wanting to vanish. It was getting awkward for me but now I could understand Paisley a bit more.

"So you decided to get Kade under your wing and have revenge on your dad before going to your mate?" I asked.

Three sets of eyes settled on me making me nervous. I hated to be center of attention. But Paisley's silence said it all.

"I am disappointed in you Paisley," Alpha Xander sighed.
"Well you yourself said you wanted an Alpha's blood to be my mate right?" Paisley sneered.
"Yeah. But I didn't mean it lkme this!" Alpha Xander exclaimed.
"You know what? I just want you to leave me alone!" Paisley growled.

With that she ran out of the office and a shiver went through us as we realized that Paisley had crossed the pack boundary!

So what do you think of this chapter guys? Anybody felt pity for Paisley? As always your feedback is highly appreciated!🤗❤

Chocolate-Lover