Chapter 13: Zoey

"So what's your rank?" Paisley asked.
"Rank?" I asked, confused.
"Yes rank," she said, staring at me.

I guess she thought her stare could scare me away but it wasn't just enough scary.

"I am just a pack member like the rest of them," I replied.
"And you do all the work?" She asked.
"Yes," I said.
"Then that makes you an omega," she said.
"Nope. They treat me like a normal pack member," I said, a bit offended by her remark.

Her remark brought memories of my old pack which I shook off.

"Why don't you freshen up and I will cook you some lunch?" I asked.

I was surprised when Paisley grabbed my arm and pulled me around to face her.

"Listen here bitch! That is MY mate ok? I don't want you anywhere near him and if you even stepped foot in the same room as him you will be sorry! You are an omega so remember your place!" Paisley snapped her eyes cold.

I gulped trying to hold down my tears. It was the first time I had ever been called omega and it made me remind of my own pack. I wanted to cry badly but I knew I had to be strong for myself. I wasn't that same Zoey anymore. I just nodded as I wrenched my arm free and left her room. I went straight to my room and flopped down on the bed.

I missed my old pack. Even though they treated me like shit it was home. It was where I was born and held a few good memories. I also missed my old luna. She was always the mother figure in my life. It always felt nice knowing you were looked after. Well that someone looked after you.

Now all of that was gone and I was left alone to fend for myself. I just wanted to hear my mother's voice even if she didn't wanted to talk to me. And even if I was an unwanted child according to my father.

I didn't realized I was crying until the salty tears came in contact with my tongue. I qiickly sat up in bed and whipped my eyes as the door opened to reveal Julia. I plastered a fake smile on my face which felt more like a grimace.

"What's wrong? Did someone say something?" Julia asked, concerned as she rushed to me.
"No. I just kind of miss home," I said, sniffing.
"And why would you miss home? I thought this is your home now," she asked, frowning.
"I guess I just miss my pack," I said, feeling a little calm now.
"That wasn't your pack Zoey. This is your pack," she said.
"I know this pack is way better than my home pack but still I just miss my luna," I said.

I suddenly remembered that I had to go give Paisley her lunch.

"Shit. I completelh forgot!" I said,jumping out of bed, my pity party forgotten.
"What?" Julia asked.
"Paisley just arrived. I needed to make her lunch," I said.
"Wait a second. Did Paisley say anything to you? Is that why you were crying?" Julia askdd, narrowing her eyes at me.
"No Julia. She's nice. She just needs to settle down here so your brother can finally have his mate," I said.

I didn't know why but the thought of Kade and Paisley together brought an uneasy feeling inside me.

"I will talk to Kade about this. Because you ain't fooling me," Julia said.
"Jules let it go please," I muttered.
"Nope. She needs to learn her place," she said
"Don't call your brother now. He might be busy. I don't want to worry him," I said.
"Oh hush. He should know what his sweet mate is doing," she sneered.
"Julia I won't talk to you if you will call him," I threatened.
"Oh come on," she pouted.

I glared at her and she quieted down. I didn't want Kade I was weaker than I already was.

"I am going to make her lunch and I want you to behave," I said.
"Fine" Julia sighed.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen where I managed to have Paisley's lunch ready in quick time. Placing the tray in my hands I walked back to Paisley's room and knocked softly. My hand paused on the doorknob as I heard her talking.

"Yes. Yes. I have reached his pack," Paisley said.
~~~
"Well I just arrived today. You can't expect me to do everything in one day," she snapped.

My heart started to race as I heard her words. I had a feeling this wasn't going to be good. I couldn't help but eavesdrop more.

"He's not here. He left just as I arrived," she continued.
~~~
"Well I tried persuasing him but it wouldn't work," she said.
"I am trying ok? What more do you want?" She asked.

I had heard enough and knocked loudly in the door.

"I will call you later. Someone's at the door," she said.

"Come in," she called.

I opened the door and walked in.

"If you want anything just give me a call. I am on the first floor. Third room on the right,"I said.
"Ok. And thanks," Paisley said.

I froze in my steps at her words. She thanked me? Me?

"It's ok," I said, turning around and smiling at her.
"You might want to give me leverage though," Paisley said, making me confused.
"I have never had to stay away from home," she said, answering my unasked question.
"Oh. I understand," I said.
"I was pretty harsh back then and I am sorry," she said.
"It's allright. You miss your family. I understand," I said, giving her a small smile.
"Thanks," she said.
"Just holler if you need me," I said, slightly laughing.
"I don't think the pack members would appreciate that," she chuckled.

I left Paisley's room in a much better mood. Back at her own pack she was probably the hotshot. Being the Alpha's daughter and all that. Here she knew no one. Well except for little old me. Maybe I could try calling back home? Would Martin have become the new Alpha by now? I would even hear him complain or yell at me just to feel the homey feeling. Of belongance. If that is even a word.

With shaky hands I picked up my phone and dialled home. Well the pack house. I didn't even had the number to my parents place. Isn't that sad? I let it ring and on the fourth bell knew no one would pick it up. Perhaps it was better this way. Julia had told me she was taking me out for some snacks. I should better get ready. My instincts told me something was wrong. Very wrong. But what?

If you liked this chapter then please vote and comment. I love hearing from you!❤🤗 An early update! What do you think of Paisley's attitude now? Think something fishy going on here?

Chocolate-Lover93