Chapter 2: Kade

Back home I slammed the car door shut and walked inside the pack house without bothering with the girl. She was of no use to me. Heck I wasn't even sure what to do with her. There was a little bit of empty land between the Forte and Potent pack which nobody wanted. That piece of land was called a no-man's land. Both of us had plenty of land to run and do our business. I had thought that Alpha Wiese would help settled the dispute of the land in getting his daughter back.

That had obviously backfired. I wanted nothing to do with the land. I was having my own problems in the pack and I didn't need any added up problems.

"What did you do with my mate?"

I stopped short as I heard Ramison, or more commonly known as Rammy. He was one of the warriors of the pack and also known as Heather's mate.

"Your mate's father ordered her to reject you," I said, telling him the hard truth.

I was pretty straight farworded with my members. I didn't sugarcoat my words. They were just no use.

"She can't reject me!" Rammy exclaimed.
"Look sorry bro but there's nothing I can do. You will find another chance," I said.
"Yeah. You can't do anything because you don't know what's it like to have a mate. You haven't even found yours," he retorted.
"Ramison!" I growled warningly.

Yeah. I hadn't found my mate. Even at twenty three years of age; I was alone. I had given up hope of ever finding my mate. Or having a mate. Mates were a piece of waste. They made you weak. And if Alphas' got weak; the pack crumbled. I couldn't have that happening to my pack.

"Sorry Alpha. I love her," he sighed.
"How can you love someone whom you had just met a few days away?" I questioned.
"When you find your mate you will know. It's like you have found your perfect match. You love her instantly," he said.
"Well I don't think that I will be finding my mate. And I don't want to have a mate in the first place," I scoffed.

I turned around to go only to find Zoey standing behind me wearing a confused look. Ignoring her I marched straight to my office and engrossed myself in my work. A while later a delicious smell wafted to my nose which made my dtomach grumble. I realize I was indeed hungry. My eyes flickered to Chris; who was also smelling the scent out.

"What do you think?" I asked.
"I think someone's cooking," Chris said.

I glanced at the clock to see that it was indeed lunchtime. As usual I lost tract of time when I engross myself in my work. Normally I would order something or just eat leftovers. Chris and I walked out of the office to the kitchen. We saw that everyone was making their way to the kitchen.

Our pack house wasn't used as a living accomodation buut as a meeting place. Only wolves who wanted to live in the pack house. So there were only about 30 members at the pack house. No kids. I hated kids. The sight that greeted us in the kitchen made us stop short.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

Zoey was standing at the stove cooking food. Half of the table was alredy set. At my words she jumped and turned around to look at me.

"Um cooking," Zoey stuttered, looking down.
"Who the hell told you to cook?" I asked, a muscle working in my jaw.
"No one," she said.

I turned to my members.

"Let god help you because if I find out which one of you freaking slime balls told her I will starve you and that would be a very linient punishment," I warned.

Nobody dared say a word after my threat.

"I did this of my own free will," Zoey spoke up after a moments silence.
"Did you do this at your old pack?" Chris asked.
"Yes I did. I did all the work so it was natural that I did the cooking here," she shrugged her shoulders.