Chapter 3: Zoey

This was the first time that I had slept in such a comfortable bed. The sheets were silky soft and I had fallen asleep in no time. The bed was double meaning I had lots of space to move. Normally I had a closet as my bedroom which had an old old mattress. I skretched luxuriously on the bed and looked at the clock on the wall.

My eyes widened in disbelief as I saw the time. 9am? Oh shit! I forgot to make breakfast! Martin will kill me! I ran down the stairs straight to the office. I needed to apologize. In my frenzied state of mind I had forgotten where I was.

"Sorry Alpha I forgot to make breakfast today!" I gasped.

Two pairs of head and eyes turned towards me. I suddenly remembered where I was and I shrank back against the door trying to disappear.

"Why are you so panicked?" Alpha Kade asked.

I didn't say anything; just looked down at the ground wishing I could just disappear.

"I asked you a question," he said coldly.
"Um it was my duty to- uh- work for the pack," I stuttered.

I couldn't look at him in the eyes. His dominance filled the entire length of the room. I felt his eyes on mine the entire duration.

"Things at the Potent pack are done differently. We do our own work," he said.
"Sorry," I muttered, before quickly leaving the room.

I had just embarrassed myself in front of the most powerful Alpha of the werewolf world. How bad could it be?  I looked for something to do but found the pack house neat and clean. Even the dishes in the kitchen were already done. I sat down in the chair and gazed outside where children were playing. Without any work my day would get boring. I had become so accustomed to doing work all the time that it was second nature.

"There you are!"

I turned around to see Julia come in with a bounce. She had a positive energy around her which caused others to relax themselves.

"Hey," I smiled at her.

Personally I liked Julia's bubbly personality. She could brighten up a whole room. She was the complete opposite of her brother.

"We are going shopping!" Julia clapped her hands together.
"For what?" I asked.
"For the ceremony doofus," she said, perching on the table.
"What ceremony?" I asked.
"Kade didn't tell you?" She asked.
"Nope he didn't," I shook my head.

Now that I think about it; Kade- it sounded so awkward without speaking with the title- had not once spoken personally to me ever since I came here. And that had only been a few days so it was sort of understanable.

"That's so like him," Julia shook her head before continuing, "The Inclusio night."
"What the heck is that?" I asked, confused.
"It means Inclusion night in english," she smirked.
"Why not use the simpler form?" I asked.
"What's the fun in that?" She asked.
"What do you do at Inclusio night?" I asked.
"Introduce new members to the pack and have a party afterwards," she said, shrugging.

I felt my eyes grow wide. I didn't dislike parties but that didn't meant that I liked them. I prefered calm quite places as compared to rowdy ones. They gave me headaches. And I had a history of migrane. Only the people who have had this would only truly understand how bad that could be. But I also didn't want Julia sad when I say that I wouldn't go and be a bad sport about it.

"So when's the date of the party?" I asked.

Julia brightened up again making me feel somewhat happy.

"This Saturday!" Julia exclaimed,
"This Saturday? That's only like four days away!" I protested.
"So what? The sooner the better. And for that we need to go shopping," she said.
"I hate shopping!" I exclaimed, making a disgusted face.