Chapter 8: Kade

I slammed the door to the office and growled in frustration. What the hell was wrong with me? Why did I just kissed someone who wasn't my mate? It was wrong for a wolf to be focused on someone who wasn't his mate. It was wrong by both law and ethnic levels. I didn't know what got into me.

Duh you know you liked it, Damien scoffed.
Shut up. I don't need your input, I growled.
Whatever, was his reply.

I shouldn't be thinking about someone like the way I was. Especially if that girl was of normal rank. I finally sat down on my desk and started doing my work. There was a lot of paperwork and I immersed myself in it.

Zoey is not your mate, I chidded myself.

Keep having an internal battle with yourself. It's keeping me entertained, Damien scoffed.
Shut up. I am just telling the truth, I said.
You are too blind to see the truth, he said.

I blocked him out after that. Later in the day I got a phone call from Alpha Xander of the Dreary pack that he would be coming to my place to discuss some issue. And that he would bring his son and daughter with him. I agreed and ended the call and called Chris.

"Yeah?" Chris asked.
"Alpha Xander is coming here. He will most probably arrive in the evening," I said.
"Alpha Xander? Why?" He asked.
"Dunno. Most likely to discuss about the politics?" I shrugged my shoulders.
"Ohk. You want me to cal Zoey?" He asked.
"What for?" I asked.
"Duh to make them refreshments," he rolled his eyes.
"No she needs her rest," I said.
"Concerned are we?" He smirked.
"I just feel like it's my fault she got hurt. If I hadn't been so distracted she wouldn't have gotten hurt," I said.
"Dude she doesn't blame you," he said.
"I know," I sighed, rubbing my temple.

I shooed Chris away so I could focus on my work. The next time I became focused was by the delicious smell of food which made my stomach grumble. I wiffed the air and my mouth salivated making me leave my work and investigate who the hell was cooking. Entering the kitchen I stopped short as Zoey pattered around banging pots and pans.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I asked, startling her as she jumped around and faced me.
"Huh. Cooking?" Zoey asked, her hands fidgeting.
"And who told you to cook?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Myself?" She asked.
"Are you telling me or asking me?" I asked.
"Um telling you?" She questioned.
"Was it Chris?" I asked, knowing that only he knew about Alpha Xander's arrival.
"No," she said quickly,making my suspicion correct.
"You are going to leave the kitchen now," i demanded.
"But the food is already cooking!" She protested.
"So? Someone else will come and finish it off," I said.
"Come on Kade. I need some work to do," she said.
"You need to heal properly," I said.
"I am already on the way to heal. Besides this was nothing compared to what I had endured in my previous pack," she said.
"What do you mean by that?" I asked.
"I rather would not repeat it,"she looked down.
"You need to rest Zoey. I already feel bad that you got hurt because of my negligence," I said.
"It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have interrupted you," she said.
"Besides I already feel too lazy and bored to sit around all day," she said.
"Too stubborn," I sighed.
"You need something to drink?" She smiled.
"No I am good. Need 4oto get the work done before Xander comes," I said.

Zoey nodded and got back to work as I walked outside for the fresh air. Pack members were strolling around and children playing in the yard. They all stopped what they were doing and greeted me. I smiled and bid them a good morning. Or most probably a good afternoon.

In the distance I saw children playing by the lake and smiled. Each member of my pack had a unique story and that's how we formed a formidable pack. A pack that many wolves feared and longed to be a part of. I had it risen out from the ruins and raised it amongst the top ranked pack.

I strolled towards the dense forest that surrounded the pack house. I needed a run before my meet up with Alpha Xander. He was as dreary as his pack name. I shifted into my huge black wolf and unleashed my beast. Everything became sharper and more defined in wolf form. I took of at a gallop which turned into a full on sprint.

It always felt natural whenever I ran in wolf form and burned my energy. That way I didn't lose my wolf part. I had just run a couple of miles when I was hit by another wolf. A growl rippled through me as I looked at the opposition. The first thought was that a rogue bad attacked and I bared my teeth at the wolf.

The wolf was of average height and was black with green spot on her nose. I had never seen this wolf before. And I knew all 1500 members of my pack. I snarled at the wolf showing my teeth but it merely grinned and pounced on me. I was taken aback by the sudden move but quickly regained my balance.

Taking in the scent I knew it was Zoey. A mixture of caramel and vanilla. My two favorite scents. I relaxed my stance and growled plsyfully at her. Even in her wolf form she looked great. She ran around me in circles as her scent enveloped my senses before running off.

Ih she shouldn't have done that. She just asked an Alpha for a challenge. The challenge for chase. Which she will definitely lose. I bounded after her as she ran ahead of me. I slowed down just a little for her sake but keeping her in view. I wanted to see what she would do.

When she realized that she hadn't lost me she started weaving in and out of the trees in a zigzag way. Clever but not so, I smirked to myself. When I saw that she was starting to lose focus and slow down I pounced on her. The two of us rolled over and came to a stop a few feet away.

Zoey opened her eyes and looked at me. Her eyes were a sharp contrast to her black color.

Kade, where the hell are you? Alpha Xander has just arrived in the territory, Chris said.

Real great timing Chris. Real great timing. I pushed Zoey off me and shifted into my human form. As wolves it's easier for us to travel in the nude form but Zoey averted her eyes by looking away.

"Alpha Xander from the dreary pack has arrived. I need you to serve us in my office. He has his daughter and son with him," I said.

Zoey nodded but still didn't looked at me asI walked back to the pack house after grabbing my clothes from the many places of the forest where we keep them stashed. I walked to the mainenterance where Chris was already waiting.

"Where have you been man?" Chris asked.
"Running," was my short reply.

He probably smelled Zoey on me but didn't say anything. Three pairs of expensive black cars stopped in front of me and out walked Alpha Xander who's door was opened by the driver. There was another smell which was the most prominent. I wasn't quiet able to pinpoint the exact scent but when the girl got out I froze.

The firat thing I noticed was her hair which were strawberry blonde. She was quite tall and slender curvy body.

"Hello Kade," Xander greeted me, holding out his hand.
"Hello Xander," I shook his hand.

Damien was pretty quite. I shook hsnds with his son whom I found out was named Ethan. When I looked at the girl my world and my heart stopped. Her brown eyes stared back at me. She was beautiful. Her eyes were mesmerizing.

Mate, Damien pipped up suddenly.

Mate? As in my mate? After all this time? Why did fate introduce me to her this time?

"Mate," she breathed.

Her voice was musical. My heart and Damien wanted to go to her but my mind didn't. I didn't know what to do. The only thing I did wasturn around and walked inside my pack house without a word.

Ooohhhhh.... Kade found his mate! What do you think he will do? Don't worry the story has just started from here!

Vote and Comment!❤🤗

Chocolate-Lover93