A New Beginning? / Chapter 9

Namjoon:

We got home, it was nine o'clock in the evening.
Yang Su sat on the couch and watched the TV as I went to the second floor to shower, and this time in the shower next to my room.

I got out of the shower and walked towards my room, noticing a small box on the nightstand that Yang Su's father had left us.
I opened it and two rings were placed in the box.
Did the manager leave us wedding rings?

I put the box in one of the drawers and pulled the pyjamas out of the closet.

-The next day-
I rubbed my eyes, turning off the clock that made a noisy loud sound.
I stretched my body and looked at the time- 4:00 as usual.
I went towards the closet and took out my clothes for the rehearsal.

After I finished dressing up I walked towards the door, but suddenly something stopped me from continuing.
I remembered the box with the rings.

I went back across the nightstand and opened the drawer, where I found the same box from yesterday.
I opened it and took the groom's big ring and put it on the ring finger.
What if they will ask about it? Namjoon, what are you doing?!
It doesn't matter now! I cannot lie to them! My thoughts argued again.

I went out of the door of my room to the stairs, and from there I went down to the kitchen.
"Yang Su...? What are you doing here at four in the morning drinking choco in front of a series for six-year-olds..?" I opened my mouth with shock when I saw the figure of Yang Su sitting in front of the TV and watching curiously.

"Oh...I...I couldn't fall asleep." She mumbled in a quiet and raspy voice.
"I-is everything okay?" I approached her.
She suddenly turned to me and I fell back in fear.
Her face was pale and white, her eyes were missing and there were black holes in their place, her hands and fingers were as long as sticks.

She approached me slowly and before I realized what was going on, I got up from the floor holding my ass in pain.
I looked past the living room, it was dark and only the noise of birds was heard from outside.
"W...What happened..."I mumbled to myself frightened and slapped myself.

I woke up from the nightmare I dreamed and looked over to the other side.
Seeing the frightening face of Yang Su appears again in front of me

"A!!!!" I screamed out in fear and got up again, the room was still dark.
I looked at the clock, which showed two o'clock at night.
"I just dreamed two nightmares in a row? – And in both of them Yang Su appeared."

I got up from the bed, holding the Koya plush that sat next to me in fear and a shake in my legs.
I got out of the dark room, going to the kitchen to take a little drink and relax
Not before that "A-!!" I felt myself falling down the stairs until I reached the hard and cold floor.

"Uh...I am okay.. Surely yes..." I tried to mumble to calm myself.
Suddenly the light turned on and I heard a sound from the hallway.
"No more nightmares please.. Please" I mumbled to myself again in fear, holding my shaken leg.

"Boo!" Yang Su's hands touched my shoulders, which caused me to jump in horror from the act.
I turned to her and before I noticed what I was doing, my hands held her back tightly, my head laid on her shoulder and the tears began to fall strongly.

"Is everything...okay?" She asked me in a quieter voice than the squeaky voice she had.
I looked up and stretched out my hands to touch her, only to make sure she was real and not one of the nightmares.
She giggled and suddenly her look turned into a serious look. "You don't look good. Did something happen?" She asked

I slowly released the tight embrace, and she looked at me with an even more confused look.
"Namjoon if you don't tell me how would I kn-" I broke her words and said in a shaking voice.
"I had nightmares..״

She smiled and said, "I know how it feels, usually it happens when you feel alone, it happened to me for the first time when I moved  to a room alone from my siblings."
I wiped my tears and hugged her again, this time with a warm hug.
She wrapped her hands around her back and suddenly asked.
"Namjoon, do you want to sleep with me?״

•——————•
The same words came to my mind over and over again as I placed the mattress next to Yang Su's bed.
She smiled and leaned her hand forward to help with the mattress.
"Thank you.." I answered her quietly.
She smiled again and answered.

"Namjoon Oppa, you know that you can sleep with me in the bed, right?״
Oppa?? Bed?? Namjoon.. control yourself!
"I'd rather not disturb you in the middle of the night," I replied with a slightly embarrassed smile.
She smiled and suddenly sat down on the mattress.

"So I'm going to sleep with you on the mattress, deal?" She asked with a wide smile.
I hid my blushing face with my hand and nodded.
I placed Koya on the side and laid on the mattress, she laid next to me and looked over the other side.

I couldn't help but look at her as she fell asleep.
Her hair spread back and covered her face.
I gently approached her face, moved the hair on her face back, and pecked her forehead.