Is This a Prank? / Chapter 19

Yang Su:

"This is the result of anemia. There is no need to worry except to take the pills according to the prescription. Everything will be fine, Mr. Kim," I opened my eyes in light of the words heard in the white room.

A bright illumination blinded my eyes as I carefully rubbed them as I looked around my hand and my eyes landed on the figure of a doctor and on the side of the figure of Namjoon.

"Am I in the hospital..?" I looked around and noticed the face of Namjoon hurried toward me when he noticed that I was awake.

"Yang Su... How do you feel?" He carefully lifted me with my shoulders and sat me on the bed while looking deeply and worried into my eyes.

"I'm okay," I smiled gently at him as I looked into his eyes that were immersed in worries into my eyes.

"The doctor said you need to rest and that you'd rather stay at home for the next few days so you can get back to your routine, he gave you a prescription of a pill you'll need to take after dinner for three days."
I nodded and looked around through the window, looking at the view from the window that showed the backyard of the hospital and looking into the nearby playground where many children were playing in the swings and slides, running on the sand and playing with each other.

Namjoon sat by my side without me noticing and laid his hand on my shoulders, staring together with me over the view through the window.
"Yang Su... One day we'll be running together with Nasi in a playground and we will be one big and happy family. Time will pass quickly and before we notice, she will graduate from school and become independent without our commitment.. Ugh Nasi will be much loved.״

"Namjoon. Are you imagning before she was born?" I looked at him as he opened my eyes seriously but after a few moments he released a light and sweet laugh.
"I just say... Life is passing fast. And before we notice, we grow and grow and so do are closest ones.. Like funerals.. Weddings.. end of school and more.. At the end of the day, we all turn around the circle of life," he smiled and looked back at me, his face was serious with a smile that made me smile lightly from the look he expressed.

"I forgot how deep you are in words.." I looked back through the window when I felt a hand placed on my jaw, turning my face toward the man who was looking at me in a deep look.

"I'm not just deep in words."

"Huh? A-" My words were interrupted as his lips clinged to me with his eyes closed and his hand held my head while the other hand stroked my hair.
I returned the kiss with a deep wave that flooded inside me to burst, moving my lips together with his lips at a shared pace

He slowed down and stopped the pace as he turned backwards a little, staring at me with a penetrating gaze.
"I promise to do everything I can to make us a big and happy family."

———————————

Jisung:

"Left...Right... one.. Three... Two" I called in movements for the steps to the new choreography towards the debut of the group I joined.

"Han.. Slow down.. You need to take a break," My group friend Lee Felix's hand was placed on my shoulders when I looked at him, he was right.

My forehead was filled with sweat along with my body producing an increased amount of sweat from the intense and continuous dances I performed in the studio over the last few hours, my belly dying of hunger alongside my urgent desire to use the bathroom.

"Felix, I have to do everything I can to make fans like me. I don't want to disappoint them especially because they've been waiting and expecting it."I looked back at him as he tapped on my shoulders and looked at me worryingly.

"You have trained enough. Did you eat anything all that time?״
I could not lie to him.. And I couldn't even say I didn't eat anything.. What to say??

"I'm not hungry" I said when the lie fell out of my mouth and fell along with the noise of my starving stomach
"Who are you lying to?" He laughed and looked at me back when he moved his hand.
"Wait here! I'll bring you something."

He rushed straight to the studio door, opened it and closing it behind him.
I waited for a few moments until I decided to pick up a bottle of water that laid next to me on the floor.

"Jisung.. Han Jisung?" The voice of an unknown man struck when I looked at who he was.

The same man stood at the doorway, the man was tall and pretty handsome and was quite familiar.

"Namjoon hyung..?" I looked back at the guy I'd been trying to stay away from all these years.

Of course, it was very hard for me to stay away from a famous person who appears everywhere someone can find.. And of course it was hard to get away from someone close to me in an unwanted family connection.

He walked into the studio with a bag full of packed food that he probably had ordered, but before I realized what was happening, he approached me and bowed as deeply as he could.

"Hyung?" I blinked my eyes that were confused from the sight of what I saw, what does he apologize about?

"I'm sorry that I was bad and wasn't supportive all the years.. I didn't notice the suffering you felt and experienced, nor did I notice how much my behavior hurt us and our relationship," he mumbled to himself when his voice sounded stressed and insecure, his body remained bowing to my figure who was shocked by what was happening.

I blinked again several times in a row before the tears in my eyes threatened to fall, staring at the floor as I tried to think about how to react and what to do.

"You don't have to forgive me. Jisung, I'm sorry I haven't been with you all these years," he said as his voice was on the brink of breaking and I was only standing with the bottle of water in my hands, looking at the man bowing in a gesture of apology.

I took a deep breath as I swallowed a gulp that sank into my throat from the feelings that burst out of me that I had kept all these years from this man, this man who now apologize to me.
"I'm also... Sorry...that I was jealous of you.." I said back and he looked at me astonished as he raised his head.

"Good luck on debut, little brother," he smiled back at me as he released his stunned look and moved into a calm state, giving the food bag to my hands.
"Have you already eaten lunch?" He asked and I shaked my head as a no.

"Do you want us to eat together? I brought kimbap and fried kimchi rice from the restaurant in front of the studio."
I smiled at him back and nodded, putting the water bottle on the floor as we both sat next to each other, opening the food boxes from the packed bag and blasting into a conversation like two people close to each other.

A conversation I didn't have with the same person for a long time.