Date Night

Blake's P.O.V

Another day of training today, although this time it is far more intense as we prepare for another game this weekend. Aston Villa in the Conti Cup Semi-Finals which is a must win game. We arrive at training heading in to the changing rooms, the vibe is different today i'm not sure how to explain it if i'm being honest. You know that feeling where everyone can feel as though something big is coming, which i guess technically it is, but yeah that's the vibe today, game faces from everyone.

Training starts with a short meeting with Jonas explaining the importance of a win at the weekend as well as an overall outline of what today's session will look like. First we will start with muscle activation exercises before making our way onto the grass for tactical practice (which is basically going over the game plan in action), Heading back into the gym for strength training before one last session on the grass for technical training with a cooldown and recovery session. It doesn't sound all that bad.

Before we start Jonas takes note of anyone struggling whether its a little niggle or a full injury. We all get started everyone doing their own activation routines before lacing up the boots for our tactical session. The first of two grass sessions went well, we covered Plan A tactics so our starting formation and movements both in and out of possession before covering a couple more formations in case Villa can read our game preventing us from playing well. By this point everyone has built up a sweat thus making the strength training all the more difficult but in order to play well we need to train well and training well means pushing ourselves past our breaking point you never know we might end up in extra time meaning another 30mins of play including extra injury time so perseverance is key. Finishing up the gym and everyone looks like they are about to collapse but they aren't really, you would be surprised at how well these players hold up after pushing that hard, but we all head back out onto the pitch for technical training, now this part is always more chilled mainly focusing on ball control, touch, pass, shooting etc. Everyone put in 100% just as usual. "Right Girls, good work today i am impressed with the work rate and if we keep up the intensity we should be in a good way for a very good game on Sunday." Jonas says. Finally, we all head in for recovery which includes ice baths, massages and compression boots with foam rollers all laid out for us everyone having a different way of completing their recovery, personally i enjoy the ice bath, controversial i know, but it really does wonders.

Back in the changing rooms and the mood has lifted from when we first arrived with everyone winding down and just overall relaxing after a hard session. "Well done today girls, go and enjoy a well deserved nights rest." Leah shouts over the loud music blaring in the changing room to which we all agree and say our farewells before heading out one after another or for us couples two at a time. Me and Katie walking out hand in hand heading to the car and driving home while enjoying a little karaoke and laughter.

Katie's P.O.V 

I am planning something special for Blake tomorrow night as we haven't really had much of a chance to do anything with training and then her injury. So i am talking with Alessia so that i can make the night as special as possible for her just to relax and allow herself to let loose and at like a child, something we all do so don't even lie, it's good for the soul. ;). Anyways i have a few ideas that i have already run by Less however nothing seems to suit her idea of fun.

K: Right ok Less i need to get something organised considering i want to do it tomorrow, so any useful information or whatever would be helpful.

A: Right ok ok get off my back. Take her out for a meal she does love her food Italian maybe, pasta being the favourite. Then do an activity, trampoline park, Arcade, rage room, you pick something that you think she will enjoy, then maybe a nice walk on the beach under the moonlight before bringing her home. Do something along those lines you'll be in for a good night ;P