Chapter 1

"That damn alarm." Scarlett groaned as she finally sat on their couch after eating.

She can already tell it'll be another bad day.

She then reached over her phone on the other couch and opened it. She saw her best friend Amelia message her tons saying a lot of nonsense romantic things again about her boyfriend. It honestly annoyed Scarlett, but she still loves her best friend.

"Damn Amy, why'd you message tons early in the morning? I just woke up." Scarlett messaged back.

"I'm so fucking in love with him sis" Amelia replied, fantasizing her moments with her boyfriend.

"Oh bro shut up, you literally need to get your eyes shut and sleep"

"And you need a man" Scarlett already knew Amelia chuckled with that comeback she replied.

"How many times will I tell you I'm already searching?" Scarlett sighed scratching her nape.

"Bro, you're searching for years now. Get your talented, sexy ass working already. You can literally make a guy head over heels for you without trying with those green eyes, being brunette, being typically tall and having fine face features."Amelia told some of what she thought was facts.

"Let's just say I'm still waiting for the right guy. I don't even think I'm that pretty like how you think"

"Bro you'll fuckin' wait forever then HAHAHA. You literally saw how those guys were, and all they received was a no" Just because she thought they're just not 'enough'. High standards is a thing y'know?

Amelia added "I'm getting tired of typing sis, let's face time!"

"Nice timing, my mom just left several minutes ago." Scarlett then pressed the face time button.

"Hey girl" Amelia said like she was excited about sharing a gossip.

"Hey." Scarlett's tone sounds so forced.

"You having a bad day already? Don't give me that forced vibe sis." Amelia then raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, it's my alarm's fault"

Amelia laughed, "Yow, how did an alarm did you bad?"

"Oh just shut up please" Scarlett stared at Amelia annoyingly, while Amelia laughing her ass off, wow. Scarlett knew her serious stare just added more comedy to her best friend

...

"So yeah by the way. I'm nervous for tomorrow like for real." Amelia changed the topic.

"Sis same, we'll be facing new faces again" Scarlett agreed.

"Well at least I have you, wanna roam around the whole school at lunch time?"

"Yeah, right HAHAH"

~

Moments went by as Scarlett and her best friend were talking. "Hang on sis, my grandma's calling me. I gotta go" Amelia suddenly spoke

"Sure, got those grandma problems again huh?"

"Oh bro fuck you, you're just too noisy, I'll talk to you later, and see you tomorrow"

"Me noisy? How the hel-" Scarlett didn't even get to finish talking.

Amelia then ended the call with a teasing smile

"Ahh shit this girl, should be thankful enough you're my best friend"

~

Scarlett was again left alone, then looked up in the ceiling, expressionless.

"I just gotta go through this day as usual, I'm already bored as hell."