Chapter 28

"You already found something to wear for prom?" Pauline asked her girlfriend while they were hanging out, sitting on one of the crystal-like chairs just outside Scarlett's mansion, in front of the mansion's large window.

it was a pleasant night at the moment. While cold breeze was blowing all over the place, the two still choose to hangout outside to relax. The moon can be seen in the night sky by both of their eyes, that's also a reason for Scarlett to stay outside, to gaze the moon and to photograph it with her mother's camera. 

Scarlett was also taking pictures of her girlfriend, since the moon's light struck Pauline's chocolate eyes and black hair that makes it shine, which adds her more beauty. Scarlett was so head over heels for the woman.

"Nah, I don't know where I should look for the attire I want." Scarlett simply said while she reviews the photos she took of the moon (and her girlfriend). "I'll ask my mother later. When will the prom happen?"

"Sunday night, next week. Let me know if you already found a nice thing to wear. If you still haven't, I'll buy you one myself." Pauline said as she made her resting left arm on the crystal-like table, stand and made her head rest on its unoccupied hand.

"Okay." Scarlett said.

Click*

"Hey! Delete that photo, you didn't let me prepare and pose." Pauline said while she was pissed with the action Scarlett did. Scarlett just laughed and said,

"Trust me, you're effortlessly beautiful. I could literally stare at you for eternity. I won't even get tired." Scarlett said teasingly and it made Pauline just shrugged off.

"Stop with the lies, tall girl. You can't easily fool me." Pauline confidently uttered which made Scarlett laugh more.

"Are you sure? I ain't lying though. If anyone heard about what I said, they'll agree with me." Teasingly said by Scarlett and Pauline hid her face with her right hand.

"Shush..I wanna go home now. Come with me."

"Sure, can't let a lady like you walk alone at night." Both of them then stood up from their seats. "Give me a kiss first."

Pauline then glared and rolled her eyes.

"Chill my love, I was just fooling around" Scarlett then started laughing again.

"No, come here. Just don't insert your tongue."

Scarlett then nodded excitedly.

~

After Scarlett walked Pauline and returned to her mansion, she immediately searched for her mother to ask her about the prom dress. So, she asked a maid. The maid greeted her a pleasant night politely and said,

"She's in the balcony upstairs, Ms. Scarlett." The maid smiled as she said those words.

"Thank you." Scarlett kindly responded and the maid nodded.

Scarlett quickly went to their upstairs balcony. When she got there, she saw her mother using her cellphone, messaging someone. Scarlett slowly approached her mother, her mother then noticed someone was coming.

Celeste then turned her head around and she saw her daughter. "Oh hey, Scarlett? What brings you here sweetheart?" Celeste asked her daughter gently.

Scarlett then stood close beside her mother and finally asked, "There's an upcoming prom, I don't know what to wear yet. Should we buy? or do you have one?"

"Well, I have a couple of dresses I used back in the days, still in good shape. Have you checked your closet?" Celeste softly spoke.

"I haven't really. But I'd love to see your dresses first."