Chapter 32

Amelia's place

The night was again young, yet we're already tired since all of us here were drunk. Mila, Clara and I were singing our hearts out, while Amelia and Pauline were talking about their girlfriends. I'm just thankful Amelia's parents aren't here. Then, this one song came which made me stand up and sing, both Mila and Clara followed me and I just know, we can break eardrums.

When a day is said and done

In the middle of the night, and you're fast asleep, my love

Stay awake looking at your beauty

Telling myself I'm the luckiest man alive

Us three drunk women sang together while our arms were around our napes as we stood. My vision was already blurry but I can manage. I'm actually getting wobbly.

As we keep singing, I continued to grab the mic and removed my arms around my two friends. Then, I turned around to my girlfriend and saw her smiling and talking.

I don't know what I'm doing, it's like my body was moving on its own.

'Cause so many times I was certain

You was gonna walk out of my life, life

Why you take such a hold of me, girl

When I'm still trying to get my act right?

I stood in front of her, she noticed that and looked at me with sleepy eyes. I offered her my hand as I continued to sing, indicating I wanted to dance her with the song. After a few seconds, she held my hand that I was offering her, indicating she was accepting the dance with me.

She stood up, right in front of me. I smiled, I was still singing.

What is the reason when you really could have any man you want?

I don't see what I have to offer

I should've been a season

Guess you could see I had potential

Do you know you're my miracle?

Amelia then grabbed the mic away from me and smirked. Out of nowhere, she started singing my song. I know why she did that, so I had my right hand on Pauline's waist, I used my left hand to lead her left hand to put it on my shoulder, then I made our unoccupied hands intertwined.

I'm like a statue

I was the one who started and lead her to dance as I step side by side. She swayed her body, then I followed as she had her right foot step back to make the dance much beautiful.

Stuck staring right at you

"Drunk you is crazy" Pauline said as she kept her eyes focused on mine while we both swayed our body, following the song's speed. 

Got me frozen in my tracks

So amazed how you take me back

Each and every time our love collapsed

I noticed then Clara and Mila's arms were raised up as they sway it side by side, feeling the song. Amelia was doing the same, only with one arm since the other was occupied.