Chapter Two (Winter POV)

Winter glanced quickly at Moon, who was sleeping soundlessly, her chest lifting and lowering with each breath.

This had to be some sort of nightmare right? He would just wake up, and this would all be over. No weird Nightwing that was honestly kind of pretty but obviously he can't think that, no matter what the queen says.

His parents clearly disapproved of the arranged marriage, but had no reason to forbid it, since it gave Winter a higher rank. What would they think about this? Maybe they just want to stay in the palace. They probably don't care a snowflake about my feelings.

He winced, turning away from his thoughts, blocking them as if there was an ice shield. He had woken up early, and watching dragons sleep was not one of his favourite things.

And you know, the casual rethinking all your life choices.

But whatever, the bell should ring soon.

"Good morning," Moon said with a yawn. She shook, her wings, sort of startling Winter. "What are you doing?"

"Ack- Why does it matter to YOU, Nightwing?" Winter grumbled, though it was kind of hard to stay mad at her.

He could see Moon's face flush with embarrassment, as she took a breath and turned to him fiercely. "Sorry then." She said crossly, turning away as the first bell rang.

Winter paused, a bit surprised this Nightwing wasn't just polite like yesterday, hearing the second and soon after the third bell ring.

"Whatever," He muttered, trailing after Moon a few seconds later.

She stomped to the cave, indignantly holding her head up, before turning and pushing through the front entrance which must be where the winglet gathered.

Soooo excited to meet my Winglet. I can't wait.. He thought sarcastically.

Winter swerved as well, to see a brightly lit cave with Moon, a Sandwing, two Seawings, a Mudwing, a Rainwing, and a Skywing. He must have been the last one to arrive.

"Finally," One of the Seawings, the blue one, clasped her talons together. "You're all here. I'm Tsunami, and I'll be leading introductions. I'm the head of the school. So, basically the boss."

Tsunami glanced at the Sandwing, saying, "How about you start? Tell us your name and a few things about yourself."

"My name is Qibli. I am a loyal outclaw of Queen Thorn, and my favourite colour is yellow."

"Mine too!" The Rainwing squealed, "Can I go next? Pleaseeee?"

Qibli grinned at her, and Winter looked to study Moon's expression. She seemed to want to disappear into the shadows, looking at everyone like they were telling the most interesting story.

Huh. Winter thought, looking at the floor near Moon's talons. She took her necklace off. I wonder why...

He raised his eyebrow with suspicion, flicking his wings dismissively. Probably just an uncomfortable necklace, that's all.

But he couldn't shake the feeling that Moon was hiding something. Maybe I can ask her about it later.

"Of course," Tsunami said to the bouncy, way to bright pink and yellow dragon, who was clasping her talons together with delight.

"I'm Kinkajou!" She said. "I'm basically best friends with Queen Glory, and as you already know my favourite colour is yellow, annnd my clawmates are Qibli and Turtle."

Turtle gave her a small smile, and then his expression fainished as Tsunami bumped him with her elbow. "Care to introduce yourself?"

"Oh. Yes. Um." Turtle nervously said, fiddling with a skyfire bracelet. "I'm Turtle. And. I read scrolls, except for the ones my mother made- I've read those too many times."

Tsunami nudged the Skywing, who scowled. "I'm Carneilan. I don't want to be here and I am a loyal soilder of Queen Ruby. I think that Scarlet is dead and if she isn't I'd be happy to kill her myself."

Carneilan somehow scowled even deeper, finishing with, "And my favourite colour is red."

Winter paused for a few moments, not realizing it was his turn. "I'm Prince Winter." He said icily. "Nephew of Queen Glacier."

Tsunami gave him an odd look and said, "And?".

"And my favourite colour is blue." He said haughtily.

"No kidding!" Qibli joked, shoving Moon playfully. "Your blue all over."

Winter scowled at him, making sure it was clear that his lame ' jokes ' weren't welcome here. Qibli looked at him innocently.

Moon suddenly spoke up, seeming to want to remove the tension. "Uh, I'm Moon. I like scrolls. And I grew up in the rainforest."

And you're my fiancé. So easy to forget, no worries.

"Thank you Moon. Uh, Umber, you're the last one. Go ahead." Tsunami nodded to the Mudwing.

"Well, I'm Umber, and I have my brother and sister here- uh, Sora and Marsh." He said warmly. "I'm clawmates with Carneilan."

Tsunami turned to the rest of the class. "Well done. You can go to the prey centre and then rest in your caves. Maybe get to know your clawmates better."

Winter narrowed his eyes. He would like to know Moon more, he was especially wondering what she was hiding, and what it had to do with that necklace.

You can never trust a Nightwing. He thought, sending Moon another suspicious glare.

Winter got to his talons, seeing Moon had already walked away, chatting with Qibli.

Though he wasn't completely sure where the prey centre was, he followed the sound of the two dragons talking, until he reached the prey centre. Maybe he should remind Moon to talk to him instead. He should go ask her what she was hiding.

He soon noticed her sitting down next to Kinkajou and Qibli, happily chewing on a bird as she laughed at one of Qibli's jokes.

Winter frowned even deeper. Why was she hanging out with Qibli? It would be his pleasure to crash the party.

"Hey Moon," He said, with a growl rumbling in his throat. "I need to talk to you."

Moon frowned at him, but got on her talons and trailed after Winter.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" She asked softly.

"What are you hiding? And what is that necklace?" He demanded.

"What?" Moon looked at him in confusion. "This is just to block my powers if it gets too loud. I just take it off sometimes, its called skyfire."

Winter stood there, stunned.

"Didn't you know?" Moon asked, obviously puzzled. "I'm a Mindreader."

Woo! 1055 words! That's probably the most words I have ever done in a chapter my entire life. Are introductions hard and boring to write, or is it just me?

Anyway, Firefly out!