Chapter 8 (Part - III) - The Legend of Spasménos

Previously,

And so, I left the forest, my steps heavy with frustration, knowing that sometimes, even heroes must retreat in the face of unyielding arrogance.

Percy

"So..." Yuki started.

"Ahh yes, your mom." Cedmi replied.

After a long and awkward pause, I looked up, only to see both of them looking at me, expecting something.

"What?" I asked, puzzled.

"Tell her man, what are you waiting for?"

"Yeah, sorry. Yuki, you are not normal. You are not like the others, you're special. You are a half-blood."

"Like I'm half-Japanese and half-Korean."

"No, you are half-Japanese and half-God." Cedmi spoke up.

"Half-God? What are you saying?"

"Your mom is Amaterasu, Goddess of Sun and the ruler of the Japanese heavens." Cedmi told her.

"What the-"

"Pretty appropriate reaction. " I cut her off.

"I have to agree. Anyways, yeah, you have Godly blood running through your veins and we are here to take you to her." Cedmi continued.

"So what, you guys are some minor gods or something?"

Wrong thing to say to Cedmi.

"No no no, I am also a demigod, or a half-blood like you. Cedmi, he's a special case. He's like a-" I hurriedly try to diffuse the situation.

"A Primordial. I'm a Primordial. Your mom is nothing for me. A snap of my fingers and I can wipe your entire pantheon from existence. So you better show me and my soon-to-be champion some respect."

"Wait what. You're making me your champion?" I asked him.

"I'm considering it, Mr. Expendable."

"Ah right, so me being your champion is some corporate shit, isn't it."

"Sorry, for coming off as disrespectful. Should I call you My Lord or something?"

"No need for honorifics. Just call me Cedmi, and him Percy. Alright, umm, is there like a balcony here?" Cedmi asked Yuki. "I need to catch my breath."

"Yeah, through the door and to your right."

"Thanks." Cedmi stepped out to get air.

"So, you can see monsters, you have powers."

"And I love it, being the child of a God. "

"Don't, you'll hate it later in your life. Like your Pantheon, there are many other Pantheons. There's the Greek, the Roman, the Egyptian, the Hindus, the Buddhists, the Christians, the Jewish, the Korean, the Chinese, etc."

"What pantheon are you from?"

"I'm Greek."

"Oh! Which God?"

"Excuse me?"

"Who's your godly parent?"

"I don't have any."

"Then how are you a demigod? I think you're supposed to be half god for that."

"I was disowned, after everything I did for them. They disowned me, and threw me into literal hell. The only reason I'm alive is due to Cedmi, and I'd do everything for him."

"Disowned you? Why?"

"A son of Zeus, called Derek, Derek Greggory. He, he messed up my life."

"I'm sorry." Yuki tried to comfort me.

Suddenly the door opened.

"Bitch, we're home, come wash our feet."

"Shit my step-moms here. You guys gotta hide."

"Oh dear, who do we have here? Guests?"

I looked at her with all my anger coming forward.

"Cedmi, please come back." I whispered.

Her step-mom had a huge guy with her. He was muscular, tall, the kind of guy who could beat your ass easily.

"Babe, tell me, I'll get rid of him."

"No need. So Yuki, finally found yourself a boyfriend, and he's American."

The muscular boyfriend scrunched his face like he could smell something weird.

He slowly made his way towards me, and I could only look up to his eyes and stare at them.

That's when I noticed something. His eyes, they had a red glow.

My eyes went wide and before I could react, he was dust.

"What are you doing, dumbass? Be vigilant." Cedmi screamed at me.

"Sorry, I was too busy being a normal human unlike you."

"You, killed him. You all are a crazy lot, just like her father." Her step-mom screamed at us.

"Yo, you crazy or what, like the dude just turned into dust in front of you. I don't think humans do that." Cedmi replied.

She picked up a knife from the kitchen, and charged at us.

"Yeah, Ced, she's definitely crazy." I screamed.

"Stop Mortal. You will drop the knife on the floor right at this instant."

Clang

The knife fell to the floor, and she remained there, unmoving.

"You had that power all along and you didn't tell me?" I complained.

"You never asked." He replied sheepishly.

"So you're telling me, the time I got involved with that gang, you could've saved me so easily?" I was fuming by this point.

"Yeah, but it didn't look like you needed it." He replied.

"I could've lost my life, and I know that doesn't mean much to you, but-" I started to argue, but I was cut off.

"Umm guys, is that supposed to be happening?" Yuki asked, terrified, and pointing to something behind me.

"Eh, umm, Ced, this shouldn't be happening right?" I turn around and ask in shock.

"Uh, run. Take Yuki and run."

"To where?" I ask.

"I don't know. Just run. Don't let them catch you."

Now, you may be wondering, why are we so scared. Well, the thing is, by law, deities of a pantheon cannot mess with the functioning of any other pantheon. And what we did was messing with another pantheon, and so we now will face the repercussions.

"What even are those?" Yuki asked me, screaming, as we got out of the building.

"Weeping Angels."