7: New Room, New Look

Sonic had believed that he was surely done for. The world around him had begun to feel familiar again. Just, not the kind of familiar he was hoping for. Slowly but surely, the once unconscious hedgehog had begun to rise from his traumatic slumber. As he rose, he could feel his head pounding and throbbing against his blue skull. High pitch ringing came from his right ear making him feel nauseous as soon as he opened his eyes and once he did, all he could see was white. The floor, the walls, everything. The only thing out of place that Sonic could see was his dirty glove that hasn't been washed in forever. Was he still dreaming? His hands weren't cuffed together with rusty metal like usual, could be a good thing or a bad thing. Sonic brought his hands closer to his body to try and push himself off the floor. He must be ready for anything, there's no point in just laying here when something might attack.

"Why do you keep fighting?" Sonic heard that vile man speak softly to him.

Sonic raised his head up to see Dr. Eggman sitting in a hovering chair, the same color as the rest of the room they were stuck in. Rage overcame the hedgehog on the floor as he remembers what happened before he woke up here. He was so damn close to being free of his shackles that tied him down to the ground.

"You..." Sonic snarled back at the man who's been making his life hellish.

"You could've seriously hurt yourself putting that spinning blade so close to your neck." Eggman continued with his speech, not letting Sonic get a word in. "What else did you plan to do once you got your collar off? Run in circles around my Death Egg, searching for a way out. You would most likely drift off in space never to be heard or seen again." The man laughed at the thought of Sonic being lost in space.

Sonic wanted to get into a running position to take Eggman on and wipe that smirk off his bald head, but quickly felt his left ankle chained down to the floor. There was the catch to having his hands free.

"Feisty, aren't we hedgehog?" Eggman lectured with a smile, knowing that Sonic can't get to him.

Sonic growled in fury, clenching his teeth together. "I'll rip my own foot off if it means pummeling you!"

Eggman smiled as he crossed his legs in his chair. "Why are you so mad at me for? I'm the one shielding you from all the destruction that's happening down there. You are too needed to be in that mess of a situation."

Sonic's face hasn't changed one bit from the doctor's words, despite the fact that he's more boiling mad than ever.

"I guess you haven't seen the news lately." Eggman reminded Sonic that he doesn't know too much of what's happening to his friends or people of the world. Eggman brought up a holographic protection of the worldly news to Sonic on his wrist watch.

"In news of the ongoing war with Dr. Eggman and the Allied Forces. Many citizens and soldiers have been retreating down underground, hoping to seek shelter and safety from the ongoing destruction of Dr. Eggman's machinery." A news spokeswoman read calmly. "Many members of the Allied Forces have been sighted helping those in need in any way they can."

The video cuts to a recording of Amy and Silver digging out civilians from under piles of rubble and getting them to lower ground. Once the helpless citizens were on their feet and rushing for cover, a couple of Buzzbombers flew in and surrounded the two hedgehogs. Not like it was much of a fight since Sliver collected all of the Buzzbombers together and Amy swung her hammer into them, sending the pile of robots off somewhere else. It didn't take long before the two of them were racing to get out of the area before big Eggpawns showed up in frame chasing them.

"NO!" Sonic blurted out loud, seeing his friends get chased away by robots twice the size of them. He has to do something about this. He must get back to them to finish the fight. Sonic was pulling on his chained foot like he was serious about ripping his own foot off. Eggman will not get away with this. The doctor closed out of the news clip on his watch making it disappear.