5: Do It Now!

'Today should be a good day to break out of here.' Sonic thought to himself as the floating platform carried him away from his cell. Eggman has been making visits to see Sonic from time to time but that shouldn't matter too much. He's been making 'good progress' by not lashing out on anything and keeping his pace nice and fast. The doctor's guard should be down to make a surprise attack however, that's only if he doesn't catch on to what Sonic is doing and puts an end to it.

'There has to be a way out of here somewhere, right? Like if a plan blows up in his face just in case. Would he do something like that?' Sonic kept thinking in his mind as they arrived at the speed room. 'No time like the present.' He thought as the cuffs unlocked themselves.

Just like before, once the cuffs hit the ground, Sonic was all over getting rid of the Eggpawns. This time running circles around their legs so they get confused, bigger doesn't mean better. As soon as the Eggpawns look like they've gotten dizzy or need to recalibrate, Sonic rushes in with a blow to their permanent smiling faces. Sending them to the wall and down to the ground, turning them into nothing but a pile of scrap and circuits. Sonic knows the shock collar will be preparing to shock him, but this time he's ready to handle it! All he needs is the Motobugs to open their doors and he's out of here.

"You're quite the masochist aren't you." Eggman spoke, revealing his window so Sonic could see him in the control room. "Destroying my robots has held the same results and the same outcome every single time. What are you planning, hedgehog?" Eggman interrogated, unsure that his prisoner might have something up his sleeve. Sonic doesn't look too mad for it to be just lashing out, but more determined for something to happen.

"What? No shocks, Egghead? Not gonna send in some more scrap metal to pin me down so I can't get away?" Sonic snarkily questioned, playing it off like his idea isn't going to plan, it's more like a detour if anything.

"No... It seems like you want that to happen." Eggman replied, readying the forcefield to quickly snatch him off the ground.

"What makes you say that, Eggbreath?" Sonic asked, slowly walking around to seem like it's a game to him. "And just what do I get out of being shocked, can't say I suddenly started liking pain ya know."

This is their stalemate: they have each other in check. They were both watching the other closely to see who fired their attack first. Sonic walked a full lap around the room before Eggman fires his button for the forcefield! Like the wind, Sonic picked up the pace and started running laps to not get zapped; sometimes changing pace to mess with the doctor's aim.

After so long, Eggman finally released the Motobugs from their holes in the walls. 'Now! Now! Now!' Sonic screamed to himself as he curled up into his spindash form, making himself smaller to fit in that tight opening. He aimed himself into that goal knowing if he was off by even as much as an inch or a second that would be it. No more rides with Tails, no more arguments with Knuckles, no more spending time with Amy, and no more home on green planet Earth. With all of his frustration and hope and being faster than a shock from his collar, Sonic shot a perfect goal breaking the Motobug on impact as he entered the hole!

Sonic feels the force of gravity as he's put into a tight tube that's surprisingly, quite similar to Chemical Plant all those years ago. Sonic hoped it would take him anywhere that would even the playing field like the cold part of Lava Reef or even better yet somewhere where Eggman or his robots couldn't reach him. Those memories and hopes couldn't distract or rather protect Sonic for long.

Sonic started feeling the shocks again at a higher rate than ever before. It was at this point he could almost see the electricity pumping through his system. Looks like Eggman is throwing a tantrum at Sonic escaping and is taking his frustrations out on him. A grown man throwing a fit like this would be funny if it weren't so painful. The overwhelming pain makes Sonic want to stop, but there's no way for him to stop something like gravity in this tight space. He's gotten too far to pause now.

Once Sonic stopped feeling like he was falling, he swiftly got out of his ball form to know where he landed. It severely REEKED of strong oil and rusty metal; loud clanking noises vibrate the air as well as filling it with high pitched whirring sounds. Opposed to the bright lights Sonic had grown accustomed to, this new dark environment was nearly impossible for his eyes to adapt to. It's hard to make anything out while his eyes adjust to the new environment. Sparks would come out and light up a bit of the room at a time, but it was still difficult to see.

This whole time the shock collar hasn't let up once, it was at this point the pain was practically bringing Sonic to his knees begging for it to stop. Sonic, hoping that his body wouldn't give out from all of the shocks and trying to overcome the pain mentally, gripped the collar tight DESPERATE to find a way out.

"It's just zaps Sonic." Sonic reaffirmed, "Just one foot in front of the other." He told himself in an attempt to keep himself grounded and going. Sonic starts running through this dark factory he landed in. Who knows when one strong badnik or the doctor himself will find him. Gritting his teeth to keep him from screaming in agony as he fumbles to find some tool to set him free.

His legs were slowing down, not by his choice, sooner than the hedgehog thought. He found a small enough saw blade to cut through this collar of torture. Sonic immediately grabs onto the metal arm holding the blade but as soon as he starts to, he immediately notices he couldn't let go of it even if he wanted to. It now feels like he's getting shocks in his hands when he makes contact with metal. Sonic manages to angle the arm off its original course and angles it towards his neck.

'Man, this is a completely terrible idea' Sonic thought, putting a spinning saw blade close to his neck, but what else is he supposed to do now? His arms feel frozen and numb from how much suffering he's in. The blade closing in centimeters away from the collar, Sonic wished he could JUST GET IT OFF!

"COME ON!" Sonic let out a scream out loud to himself, pushing to get it over with. His body feels numb. He might clasp onto the floor, failing his attempt once more. Maybe failing his only way out. The arm blade feels like it's being pulled away from Sonic. Even when Sonic is trying his hardest to hang on and pull it towards him. Despite all of the pain the hedgehog was in, something blunt swings down and knocks Sonic on the head, making the already dark room turn black. Sonic didn't realize the room could get any darker.