22: Guilty and Embarrassed

Back in his hospital room, with fresh bandages back on, Sonic and Amy sat close by each other eating their lunches in silence. Sonic having a warmer chili dog than yesterday and Amy having a ham sandwich.

"This is nowhere near as good as what you make." Sonic broke the silence by complimenting Amy and also dissing on hospital food.

"Yeah I agree. I should bring a picnic basket full of snacks next time." She agreed before taking another bite of her food.

Sonic's chest still hurts from both the battles with Metal and being flustered with emotions all day by constantly thinking about that single kiss from yesterday. Amy hasn't seemed to bring it up. Has she been thinking about it as well? Should he say anything now? Try and get it off his chest before it becomes more awkward in the future. Was it friendly or genuine? Should he have even kissed back?

"You good, Sonic?" Amy seemed to take notice of Sonic deep in thought.

He brought himself back, "What? Oh, yes." He replied back laughing a bit to himself. If he tried to put a spinning saw blade to his neck he could obviously just ask a simple question to his trusted friend. "I've been meaning to ask? Uh..." He paused thinking this is silly to ask this. Amy was intently listening to what Sonic wanted to say. "What was that, yesterday's kiss about?" He paused in between words trying to get them out of his system.

Sonic's heart skipped a beat. He wasn't sure if asking such a ridiculous question was even the right call as his mind raced with all sorts of scenarios and outcomes for what Amy might say back. Every second, his heart steadily beat faster and faster, almost nearly bursting out of his chest. So many signals were firing off within his brain, he just had to know what Amy's thoughts were about the kiss. Sonic had then began to feel his muzzle burn up with both excitement and embarrassment. The more he kept looking into Amy's beautiful eyes, the more he felt his body just melt from pure excitement. His breathing quickened, his chest pounded. Wow, whatever these feelings were, he knew that Amy was clearly the source of them.

"W-well?" Sonic stammered.

Amy's expression went from a calm demeanor, to that of a flustered one. She kind of expected that Sonic would ask about the kiss at some point, but she wasn't expecting that kind of reaction from him at all. She looked over to Sonic, and could see that he was more red than blue by this point.

'Is he really that embarrassed?' Amy thought to herself. She never once thought that she'd see Sonic in such a flustered state after all this time, and to be honest, she thought it was extremely cute. Amy turned away slightly from Sonic's direction, her own muzzle burning a bright reddish pink. She wondered just how deep Sonic's feelings were for her. If he really loved her, then all he needed was just a little nudge towards the right direction. She mustered up some courage, and decided to tease Sonic, in hopes that it would bring out his true emotions.

"Hm... I don't know." Amy answered. She then scooted her chair nearer to Sonic's bed, popping the fairly personal bubble between herself and Sonic. "You tell me, Sonic. What was that kiss about...?" Amy snarkily said, grasping Sonic's casted hand.

Sonic himself immediately turned a deeper red, and his heart throbbed even faster than ever before. He honestly thought he was gonna have a heart attack, but that wasn't it. The both of them were blushing like mad, almost felt like they could feel one another's hearts. Sonic and Amy both locked eyes with each other, the both of them feeling their hearts and minds quiver with absolute love for one another. They could feel their own hot breaths upon each other, signifying that they both were feeling similar emotions. The blue hedgehog chuckled nervously, unsure as to where to go from here. Amy and Sonic both turned away from each other briefly, doing their best to cover up all the embarrassment they were feeling from the situation.