Lowkey

I woke up to the smell of Gus in the sheets but i could hear the shower running. Acknowledging he wasn't in bed anymore, i rolled to stare at the ceiling and stretched out so big.

I can't wait to hear everyone's impression of me after I went m.i.a to hang with gus.

I yawned, running my hands through my hair and sat up.

I can't keep taking what Ben and Hannah say to heart. In reality I know we did more than just hang out but that's none of their business. I don't ask and pry them to spill every detail of every interaction with the opposite sex or attractive partner. I barely have told them anything about any other situation-ship i've been in, this will be no different.

Without saying bye to gus, I walked downstairs and picked up my bag before leaving. I didn't see a point in saying bye, I knew i'd see him early enough and he was probably just about to get into the shower.

The morning chill felt so relaxing on the short walk back to the cabin from hell. I miss nature walks, I know the lake back home was a regular but to live in all of this foliage is so much peace and distance from everything and everyone.

I stepped into Ben and I's cabin quietly. I fully anticipated Ben overstepping my rule that Josh be out of plans by midnight, I could roll my eyes knowing Ben would have never listened to me anyways.

I could hear snoring upstairs so I casually walked up to my room. Everything seemed untouched when i swung open the door.

"good morning, mam" Ben creeped up behind me.

I swung back around seeing him holding a mug with an earl grey teabag hanging and a smirk on his face.

"geezus" I whisper yelled. "motherfucker, i was about to pee my pants"

He scared the hell out of me, just glad it wasn't Josh.

"Sleeping beauty how was your day in princes quarters" he kept his proper act up as he took a sip of his tea.

I knew that question was coming so I played along, "what a magical night, he swept me off my cinderella heels and we're getting married with the rats and gnomes in the woods" I mocked.

I waved him off as i turned back to throw my bag back on the bed and take out all of its contents. I had to reset for the day and do it quick before Hannah comes and finds us both unprepared. At her reminder, I reached to the nightstand and plugged my phone into the charger. It had died at some point last night.

"you're telling me your legs aren't shaking and you can remember what happened after he pumped your brains out" Ben grossly let out.

I moved to the drawers where I had unpacked some of my clothes, picking out what todays fit would be.

"no Ben some people have class, and even if we did I have the decency to keep it behind closed doors"

He scoffed, "get off your high horse, i'll hear it from you eventually. I don't need to know anything but happy to see you on the field again."

"thanks pookie, now let's drop it at that" I turned around smiling at him sarcastically. "seriously Ben we're just chilling & if i were to fuck him don't ruin it for me. You and Hannah got your lil flings, I just don't wanna make mine into a big deal"

I waited for a response, I did snap on him a little but we both knew it was true. He took another sip from his tea seeming impressed.

"Honestly was just waiting for you to put me in my place mami" He winked

I threw a potential shirt for the day at him for being so sassy. His laugh was the only confirmation I needed to get that he understood his overstepping. He put his mug down and flipped over arching his back on my bed.