over again

El's P.O.V.

I sat on the bed while the boys pulled out some gear from gus' luggage.

quickly checking my phone from the buzzing, I noticed Hannah tried to call me. probably wondering if I wanted to hang since her man is with gus'. I shrugged it off, she always gets a boyfriend and ignores friends until he can't hang. I love her, but I'm sick of being an afterthought.

I watched as gus set up a small soundproofed mic in the corner of the room, "fuck man, these peice of shit cords always get tangled" he struggled.

Dylan rolled his eyes at him, but didn't make an effort to help him as he opened up a few tabs and sound boards on his laptop.

once they had the setup ready, I kinda just sat some more and watched them talk amongst themselves about older versions of freestyles they want to get back to.

"you wanna take a bowl to the face real quick peep?" Dylan offered Gus his woven glass piece.

Without hesitation, gus smoked as dylan played the recorded beat on his track mixer. Gus had been facing away from me into the corner, but I could tell from his posture that he was a little nervous.

He kept his head low and shoulders into his body as he kept pacing his feet around.

As soon as the beat dropped, his nervous stature disapated in exchange for a more paced stance.

Again it was like his spirit changed to be a bold version of himself.

I know that you like me, kiss me with your eyes closed. Hate it when you fight me, love it when I die slow, Peep continued to sing into the mic.

The following lyrics hit hard. Gus' music persona was so different compared to his reserved personality. don't get me wrong, he has fun, jokes around, and has the occasional "let's get fucked up energy" but he'd rather build that comfort with a small group of friends.

I'm just glad I got to the point of mutual where I'm allowed to see this side of him.

I let the guys do their business of small conversational points in how to mix the beat and advice of the next notes to hit.

in no way do I mean to discredit their hard work, but its cute seeing them dedicated to making something.

i watched as Gus leaned over Dylan a few times to look at the progress of their work. Dylan was definitely more technical but there was no changes without the say and approval of Gus. Nothing too formal, most times it seemed like Gus couldn't find the correct words but Dylan would always quickly pick up on his feel for what he wants things to sound. In all honesty, i felt a lil out of place; such hard workers i could only feel guilty sitting against the headboard of the bed, gawking at all they could do.

Trying to be as nonchalant as i could, i got up to leave the room, "be right back" smiling to reassure any second thoughts.

Gus exchanged a nod but as always had a look of suspicion.

I wasn't begging to leave the room, i just didn't see a place for myself and figured i'd be more useful fixing a snack or something after i used the bathroom.

The dimly lit bathroom, adorned with woodsy memorabilia and cheesy cabin sayings always made it easy to distract myself in trying to do business.

Washing my hands before leaving, i was thinking i should just go back to the cabin. I was sure Ben would be paragraphs deep into telling Hannah off after I refused to answer her calls and texts.

I came out of the bathroom to my surprise seeing Gus at the loveseat hanging his head and feet off of either side of the armrests. He looked wiped out.