studio

His neat desk was to the right adorned with scribbled notes and a single bottle of almost empty whiskey. There was a bean bag on the floor which I choose to plop down on while Gus took the swivel chair. On further inspection of the room, there was comic posters along with other artists hung on the wall.  From the left of the entrance in a corner, there was a mic bordered by soundproof foam. A few mixing/sound boards and piano boards sat next to the microphone.

"Its not a professional recording set but it's all I need" Gus said.

"Its great, I just didn't take you as a neat person. From your music, I expected a lot more-

"A trashier vibe?" Gus interrupted my explaining.

"No, just more dark, almost like an organized mess." I finished.

He smiled, "my musics not dark. It's just some things on my head"

"I respect that" I yawned.

"You're tired, we should get to bed"

"I'm just resting, I promise" I lazily said.

Gus simply scoffed as he left the room.

I laid on the floor so I could lay my head on the bean bag. Gus soon came back with a slice of pizza and a caprisun, sat in the chair, and swiveled to face the computer.

"You're gonna work this late" I whispered over the soft humming of the computer.

He stabbed the caprisun, "it's a good hour to vent" then shrugged.

He played some beats as he began to scribble in an old notebook.

The beats were a mix between dark heavy bases and simple shapeful beats. I could definitely see hes been working a lot judging by the amount of tabs of tracks lining his computer.

I sort of felt bad. I could see hes a hard working person, but I knew at first glance I even judged those schetchy tattoos and awkward hair.

Hes definitely a way different person than I thought he'd be. A person could only assume because he's a rapper and by the way he looks, that he would be one of the guys to be cocky, intrusive, focused on fame, or even a criminal.

Gus was none of those things. Gus is focused, but on his music. Just by watching him work I could tell he loves it more than just a career. Hes not cocky or intrusive with it, but a person who knows himself this is what he wants to do. Hes certainly not a criminal. He might do drugs and get in a little trouble, but so do I. Hes no different.

With little time, I felt myself drifting asleep. It's always a good feeling listening to good music on a good night.