Lately

After the bath I found some sweatpants and a tshirt for Hannah to sleep in. I placed the clothes on the toilet seat and took her clothes to put them into the wash. After she dressed I took her to my room and let her sleep.

I came back into the living room with a heavy feeling.

I knew should have taken Ben's advice and gone to the dock. Things wouldn't have been so fucked as they are now. She probably feels alone and betrayed.

I took a seat on the couch before any more of my thoughts caused me to have a panic attack.

I looked at Dylan who only stood, staring at his feet.

"I know this is hard." I said to him. "But I need you to tell me what happened."

He explained the whole night with regret. He sat down on the recliner and started to tear up.

"You shouldn't blame yourself" I said trying to sympathize for him. "This man would have found Hannah regardless."

"Who is he?" He asked.

"His name is Tucker. He dated Hannah back freshman year. At first they were the power couple but Tucker used his mental disabilities to sway Hannah to do things she didn't want to. A very manipulative guy. They broke up after he slept with a girl in her apartment when she went to her parents house. They've been sleeping on and off since. They stopped last year when Tucker would literally humiliate her every time they fucked. Then he went to jail for a few days for God knows what." I said soothing my head.

Dylan sat in silence taking the information.

"So how do you know Hannah?" I asked

"Oh, we met about four months ago. We had the same physiology class. I told her I was a dj so she helped me with a few tracks." He explained. "How do you know hannah?"

"We knew each other since freshman year. We were best friends"

"Were?" He looked at me confused.

"Yeah, were. We just drifted after Tucker. I was mad she kept seeing him, we used to share this apartment. I just didn't want to see her get hurt and have me deal with all of it at the end of the night. We ended on good terms but I miss her everyday." I went on. "I told her I'd always be here for her."

"I'm sorry" Dylan said sympathetically.

The door bell rang and I instantly sprang up. I made my way to the door grabbing the bat again, thinking it might be Tucker. I didn't bother to ask who it was before opening the door and swinging.

"WAIT" Dylan yelled.

It was already too late. The bat thonked on a mans head. I took a glance down at the man who wasn't Tucker.

A man in a black hoodie and blonde hair laid on the floor gripping at his head.

I stood confused as Dylan ran to his side. "Gus are you okay?"

"No, i just got hit with a metal bat what the fuck bro" the man said as Dylan took down his hood to check his head.

I snapped out of my confusion to suddenly realize I hit a stranger.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." I said helping the man up.

"This is gus, gus this is Ell" Dylan introduced us."

"I wish I could say I was pleased to meet you" gus had laughed.

"Listen I'm sorry. I'll get you an ice pack and cool water." I said running to the kitchen.

I came back and put the ice on his head. He whinced showcasing his pink diamond gril.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you" Dylan began to explain. "Gus was the guy I was telling you about that helped me at the party. He found Hannah's phone and came to bring it back. I hope you don't mind I told him to come drop it off."