- Chapter 2 - We don't want to be exorcised

"Hello :)"

The room was completely silent. Skizz and Impulse were looking at the book in a mix of shock and horror while Grian was struggling not burst out laughing at their expressions. Scar was looking expectantly between the book and the other 3, waiting for a response.

"AHHH ITS GONNA MURDER US," Skizz screamed suddenly as he hid behind Impulse, "I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!!!"

"Your not gonna die Skizz, he's a nice ghost. Right Mumbo?" Scar reasured him.

"Yes. I promise I won't hurt you, Skizz."

"He seems nice to me. We have been nothing but nice to him unless you count the fact we have been ignorant to the fact that ghosts have been people once and we are just letting them get exorcised willy nilly." Grian explained bluntly.

"Not helping Grian!" Skizz was still absolutely terrified.

"We got him off the hook at least. We told them we needed to keep him to train new employees." Grian only said this the make Skizz feel the tiniest bit better.

After a minute of silence, Impulse spoke up.

"So... Scar just talked to a ghost, through the book, without the ghost getting angry?... I guess there is a first time for everything. But we still have to be wary, he could be leading all of us on."

Impulse had been in the business for much longer than any of the others so had experienced many a ghost that had mislead them. It was understandable that he was wary. Being knocked out by a ghost was not a fun experience. (I can't have the ghosts killing them :p)

"What about the other ghosts? How do you know they don't want to be friends?" Scar suggested.

Now, Scar was very much on the ghosts side. Ghosts only stayed on Earth if they were never meant to die. Say for example, if they got murdered or maybe they were in a car accident. If someone dies from illness or old age, they will immediately move on.

Ghosts who stay on Earth are attached to the land they died on so there isn't much scenery change. Most of them start to go a bit insane. Not being able to do anything, speak to anyone or interact with the world around them does that.

Now luckly, Mumbo hadn't gone insane, yet atleast. He seemed perfectly normal. And he was. He hadn't been dead too long but he was glad he had company.

"Scar, not many ghosts are as kind as Mumbo. You have to be on full guard just incase their aim is to knock you out." Skizz chipped in.

Skizz had joined the crew mainly to be with Impulse. He was bored of his 9 to 5 office job and needed some sense of danger and fun with his best bud.

Contrary to what you might think, they are payed quite a healthy sum. The heath and saftey warnings turned people away, so more money was in their salarys, mainly to bribe people in. No one knows where Head Office actually got all of this money, but that is unrelated.

"Doesn't that only happen when they are hunting? And they only do that when soneone angers them."

Scar comment left everyone basically speechless. No one had a combat reason to that. His thinking was right. Ghosts never attacked without reason. They try to scare you away, only because they know what you are here to do. When you don't leave they knock you out to you can't keep getting information. It's like a survival tactic.

"We don't want to be exorcised. When i heard Impulse and Skizz talking about how they needed a ghost to keep and train others. I knew that meant I would be safe. Thats why I didn't attack them, not that I would have anyway."

Everyone looked at Impulse. He was the one whos mind needed changing. If he didn't accept this new point of veiw they could do nothing to act on it.

-----

Hiya

I got bored so i wrote another chapter. sorry this is kinds short. its kinda an explaining chapter so you know whats happening later on.  uh...  so goodbye, have a good rest of your day :]