3

At the plantation, Layla and Hayley were sitting in bed talking while Niklaus was doing the things he normaly does when having a pregnant girl and her best friend up the stairs from him, and Elijah is god knows where.

When the sound of a car is heard out front. Getting up Hayley grabs a fire poker and pushes Layla behind her. Peeking over the railing of the steps, Layla and Hayley walk slowly down the steps.

"Elijah, if not answering you phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done im here and im worried, now pick up before i kick your bloody door in." Was the only thing you could hear from the women who had just arrived.

As the two werewolves glance at eachother, another blonde female steps through the front door. "Who the hell are you?" Came out of Hayley's mouth as she and Layla walked down the steps.

Looking up at them the blonde female starts to talk. "Ahh. you must be the maids. My bags are in the car. Get them, would you."

Layla speaks up this time, "Hello, not the maids. And even if i was, I am way to tired to go get your bags."

"Right your that werewolf girl my brother Klaus knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump. Guess your not showing yet. It's Layla isnt it?" She says looking at Layla then turns to Hayley. "And you must be the best friend, Hayley right?"

Layla smiles at her before Hayley speaks up. "You have your brother's manners."

"And his temper too, so watch it."

"You must be Rebekah, right? The only sister of the family." Layla asks the women who she wants to befriend.

"Yeah, Where's Elijah?" Rebekah walks forward some as Layla answers.

"Beats me. He's long gone." Layla shrugs as Hayley nods in agreement.

Looking at the other blonde in the room Rebekah asks, "What do you mean long gone?"

Layla looks at Hayley then back to Rebekah, "Well, one moment he was here making epic promises about protecting me and Hayley in this predicament that a bottle of tequila and some bad decisions got us into, He was all poetic about how we're family now, and then Nik told us he bailed."

"Guess that's what we get for trusting vampires." Hayley tilts her head to the side as she speaks.

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises, which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." Walking into the next room Rebekah starts to yell. "Klaus, get out here and tell me what you have done with our brother, you natcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Opening the double doors Klaus walks in. "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, i should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing"

Rebekah nods. "They were very rude." Layla giggles from her place on the steps as Hayley pushes her a little. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the quarter."

"That's right. Those bastards" Whispers Layla causing Klaus to smile slightly after hearing her in the other room.

Continuing on. "So sorry. were they friends of yours? Oh, thats right. You dont have any friends." Layla lets out a string of laughs very quietly as Hayley looks at her best friend with an amused face.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel." Klaus answers sounding offended. "You remember him, dont you? Yes of course you do. He fancies himself. The king of the quarter now, and he has three rules about killing vampires. it will be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you."