Chapter 1 - The Biggest Surprise Ever

I opened my eyes. Ugh, it's Monday. Mondays are literally the worst because todays the day that everyone is required to participate in the cleaning of this stupid orphanage. I rolled over and saw Dolly who was still sleeping. I picked up my phone. It was 8:00. I got ready and went downstairs.

"Wow! You're up a lot earlier than usual!" said Becca.

Becca is my other bestfriend. I met her last year when she came to the orphanage because she got taken away from her parents who were major drug dealers.

"Yeah, I know. It's a miracle." I said.

She looked at me for a second and was about to say something when Dolly came bolting down the stairs screaming. I jumped in surprise. She looked as if she had just thrown random clothes on and her hair up.

"Holy fuck, Dolly. What is it?" I asked.

"HOW DO YOU NOT REMEMBER?!" she screamed.

"I don't know, just tell me. "

"IT'S YOUR 16TH BIRTHDAY!"

Holy shit, I nearly forgot my own birthday. How do you forget something like that?

"Oh my god! We have to do something today! Let's get wasted!" Becca literally screamed.

"I want to, but do you remember what happened last time?" I reminded them.

"Yeah, yeah, we know." They said simultaneously.

Instead of drinking, we ended up just hardcore partying. We heard a knock on the door to my room.

"Come in!" we all said.

The head of the orphanage came in and told Becca and Dolly to leave for a moment.

"I know you have been here ever since you were 10, Bella. You've been here for 6 years and I guess all that there is left to say is congratulations!" she said.

"Congratulations?" I asked, very confused.

"You're being adopted!" She happily said and proceeded to explain to me the process and everything that's going to happen.

I was overjoyed to finally leave this hellhole, but at the same time I was gonna miss Dolly and Becca so much. When she left, my friends came in. They asked me what she had said and a tear began to roll down my face. I hugged them and told them that I was getting adopted. We all sat there crying like children. Becca and Dolly left the room to let me pack all of my stuff. As soon as I was done, I let the head of the orphanage know. Without saying goodbye, I left and walked out the door and into her car. The drive to my soon-to-be-new-house seemed very long. I couldn't figure out what made it worse, the woman sitting next to me talking my brains out or the thought that I was rude enough to not even say goodbye to my bestfriends in the entire world. I know it was a bad thing to do, but I knew it was for the better. I wouldn't have been able to look either of them in the eyes without bawling my eyes out.

As we pulled up to my new house, I began to think about how I may have to go to public high school. Great, that's exactly what I was hoping for. A bunch of bitches picking on the "poor orphan" and douchebags breaking girls hearts left and right in the school hallway.

I continued to think of things of that nature as we began to pull into the house of my new adoptive parents.

"We're here!" the woman half screamed.

Once I started getting out of the car, everything hit me all at once. I was finally getting adopted. I began having doubts, wondering why they chose me, a 16 year old, or if they weren't gonna like me and just send me back. My mind drifted onto bigger and better things as I saw, out of the corner of my eye, two people standing in the doorway. As I looked up, I was amazed.

'Holy shit, this is the most gorgeous couple I've ever seen. And they're gonna be my parents?!'

"Hello! It's nice to meet you," they said together, smiling.

I was so happy. I said hi back and we went inside. The house was huge. It was the size of about 5 of the orphanages put together, and the orphanage was gigantic. There's no doubt about it, these people are rich. I couldn't help myself and blurted out.

"Oh my gosh, you guys must be rich!"

"Haha, I supposed you could say that."

I couldn't believe this. Not only was I being adopted, but now it was by a gorgeous, rich couple. They gestured me to sit down at a round table with a huge bouquet of flowers in the middle.

"Now, me and my wife are very easy going when it comes to children, and if you ask for something nicely you will most likely find it in your room in the next couple of days after it. BUT, that will only happen if you are and good kid and consistently stay this way," the man said.

"Speaking of your room, why don't you go check it out!," the woman said.

(this is how it looked)
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FTxTSvwzTxQ/maxresdefault.jpg

After all that excitement of checking out my room and putting all of my stuff away in there, I casually went downstairs, completely ignoring the fact that I just majorly freaked out and had a happy attack in my new room. The house was absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't help but to smile when I remembered that I would be living here for a while, or possibly forever if the family liked me.

As I hit the last step, I saw my parents still sitting around the table. I began walking over to them when I heard a faint bark. I looked at them and smiled. Next thing I knew, something was licking my thigh. I looked down and there stood an adorable german shepherd. Things just kept getting better and better. After petting the dog for what felt like 20 minutes, I sat back down and we continued talking. Basically, the only rules were don't sneak out. They said that if I ask to go somewhere late at night, they will most likely say yes. They also included that if they were like regular parents and didn't let me go somewhere late at night, I would probably just go anyways and they would never know. The second rule was that I have some very small, minor chores, which I was alright with seeing as at the orphanage I had WAY too many chores to even keep up with.

They gave me a tour of the rest of the house and I was astonished. It was just as beautiful as the first half. My new parents told me they had one more thing to include and that it wasn't exactly the best thing.

"We are the only rich people in this entire state. This means that everyone knows us. This also means that there are no private schools in the area because no one can afford it So, unfortunately, you will have to go to a public high school. As for the rest of the grades that you need to catch up on, 1-9, they will be very easy to catch up on and you can do that online. It will probably take you literally month to catch up." my new mom said.

'This is terrible,' I thought, 'Everyone's going to find out I'm adopted and make fun of me for it, plus, I'm probably not gonna make any friends.'

I calmed myself down and finally said, "Okay."

They could probably tell I was kinda sketchy about it, but they were also very sketchy about it so they completely understood. We continued with everything else they had to say when they finally blurted out.

"When's your birthday?"

Oh my gosh! I almost forgot about that!

"It's today," I said with a huge stupid grin on my face. I couldn't help it.

They're eye's opened wide and they looked at each other and then back at me. They told me they'd be right back and left. What is it that they could be doing for me? They've already done so much. Adopting me was even enough for me, but now all this.