ƒινє

αѕнєя

"No, I'm sorry I've been a walking disaster but I'd try my best to stay out of your sight. See you in class professor". I watched tears blind her eyes as she spoke.

I really didn't mean for it to get this far, I was simply trying to place that distance that I knew should be there. My selfish self trying to act the part, I was her professor and not some random friend.

I was hoping being a little strict would make her want to take a step back from me but as I watched her walk away, I knew I had sent her several steps away.

....

The studio was filled up, the smiles on their faces, hapoy to finally be in the studio. That's the one place every first year art students was always eager to be, but of course, all of these eagerness was just for the first day.

I still couldn't shake off the tension that lingered from last night's argument with Janelle. The memory of her tear-filled eyes and fiery words replayed in my mind, making me feel guilty. I felt even more guilty knowing that I did that on purpose to push her away but stupidly, I still felt the same way.

It was like there was a magnetic pull that drew me to her and no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't break free.

"Good morning, everyone," I greeted the class with a forced smile, trying to push aside my inner turmoil.

The students returned my greeting eagerly, I could sense the unspoken confusion on their faces.

"I'd be replacing Mr. Eden for a while as he is away on an emergency leave". I explained to them and most of them nodded in understanding, their confusions cleared.

As the class began, I found myself searching for Janelle and finally, my eyes settled on her. As I lectured and explained, I couldn't help stealing glances at her whenever I thought she wasn't looking.

I didn't miss the angry glares she shot my way, each time our eyes met. I bet she'd rather not be here right now! However, despite the anger that that was so evident, it felt like there was this undeniable spark between us, a tension in the air, waiting to ignite.

I couldn't help but admire her dedication to her artwork, the way she poured her emotions onto the canvas with each brushstroke. Her talent was undeniable, and it only pulled me to her even more.

"Miss. Norman, your work is incredible," I found myself saying, my attention was fixed on her painting. Her eyes flickered up to meet mine, a mixture of surprise and anger swirling within them.

It was just a simple artwork, playing around with strokes to get their perfect rhythm but hers was just so good.

"Thank you, Professor Brooks," she replied sharply.

Through the entire class, I found myself lingering by her side more than I did with other students.

"You should try more thin line here". I told her, bending to her level and grabbed her hand to guide her brush stroke. I was so focused on helping her out that I didn't realize she had been staring at me all along.

Feeling her gaze burn my skin, I turned to look at her. The moment my eyes met hers, my hands stopped moving as we stared at each other a little too long. I couldn't help this heat that washed over me, got me thinking "Damn, I want this girl!"

My eyes darting to her lips were the biggest mistake I made but was enough to remind me of where I was. I didn't want other students seeing what was going on here.

"Like that!" I said, finally breaking away from her.

"Thanks Prof". She replied, her voice a little hoarse! Guess I also had an effect on her.

As the class finally came to an end, I said my goodbyes to the students.

"Great job today everyone! Have a nice week ahead, and practice in your dorms or you can always visit the studio to practice. See you next class".

The students immediately gathered their things and began leaving but so was Janelle. As I watched her leave, a sense of longing washed over me, a yearning to break down the barriers that stood between us and explore the undeniable chemistry.

Despite the risks attached, I couldn't deny the pull of attraction that drew me towards her.

"Miss. Norman, can you wait behind?" I already spoke before I realized it. My head telling me that this was a huge mistake I was making.

She had a silent talk with her friend real quick, who nodded and left, leaving behind just me and her.

"Any problem sir?" She asked, anger still evident in her tone.

"Nothing really, there is this art show for students. Most first years don't really get the chance to go but seeing how promising you are, I was thinking maybe you'd love to go". Thank goodness I was able to think about that quickly.

She was quiet for a few seconds, more like she was observing me while I stood nervously waiting for her to talk.

For the first time in a while, I was nervous while talking to a lady, my heart thumping in my chest.

"Thank you sir for the offer but since it isn't exactly for first years, I guess I'd go when it's time". She replied, rejecting my offer.

Was this my first rejection from her? It hurts like shit!

I swallowed hard letting her response sink, she just said no right? I really must have messed up so bad last night.

"If that's all, I'd like to leave sir". She added, not being able to say anything to her, she turned around and left.

I wanted to pull her back, to tell her how sorry I was, to tell her I only did that because I was scared of my feelings that were starting to grow. I wanted to.... But I couldn't!

I couldn't tell her how attracted I was to her, how much she makes me want to kiss her every time she bites her lips. How much I wanted to hold her hands every time she nervously played with them and tell her that it was all good. There was no way I could confess all of the things that came to my head whenever I thought of her.

How? How could I tell her that she was the last thing that came to my mind at night and first in the morning. That I had liked her since she challenged on that day in front of her dorm!

.........
𝑪𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓?
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝑨𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏?
𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆?