2, A Hug That Gives You Energy!!

Someone To Spend Time With - Los Retros

I was sitting on top of the Sunny's head and staring intently at the island that seconds away from me conquering it. "Drop the anchor!" Nami commanded, and Sanji immediately did it, "Anything for you, Nami-swannn!" he yelled. I giggled and jumped off of the Sunny's head, everyone gathered up and was waiting to get on the island. Then, when Nami nodded, everyone suddenly went into groups and started getting off of the boat to go on the island. I was about to follow all of them, as well, until I noticed that Zoro was still sleeping.

I stayed behind for a bit and examined Zoro's face while he was sleeping, then his eyes suddenly blinked open. "What're you doin', Luffy?" he asked as he cupped my cheeks, I grinned at him and stood up again. "Wake up, let's go to the new island!" I yelled excitedly, "Oh, new island already?" he asked. Then he looked around and noticed that we really were on a new island. "I'm just gonna stay here, Luffy. I'm sleepy." he said.

I pouted and whined, "Whatttt? Why not! Let's go, let's go!" I yelled, and stomped my foot. No way I was going without Zoro enjoying, too! Not unless he has a good reason not to go and come with me to an adventure. "As much as I want to, I can barely move a muscle. I'm too tired right now." he groaned as he crossed his arms. I grumbled and sat on the floor beside Zoro.

"Then I'm staying with you! Let's guard the ship together!" I yelled, leaning on Zoro's shoulder. "What? No, you can go with them. I can just guard it myself." he insisted. "How can you guard the boat when you can't even move a muscle, hmmm?" I asked, then he scoffed at me. I knew I won so I giggled. "Exactly!" I said, smothering my win in his face.

He then put his head on my shoulder and rested it on my shoulder, but he didn't close his eyes and sleep. He instead kept his eyes on me and stared, geez. Then suddenly, a bulb started glowing—meaning I had an idea, by the way. "Oh! I got an idea!" I told Zoro. "Wait—no, before that. Hmm..." I put a hold to my idea and did a thinking pose.

"Huh?" Zoro said, then I finally got an answer to my question, well, not really my question, but still. "I know why you're so tired!" I yelled, proud of my thinking skills. "You know that guy you fought yesterday? The vice admiral? That guy had the draining draining something energy devil fruit. Well, something like that. And! Even if you couldn't move. I don't know what you did, but you were still fighting! So I think it caught up to you!" I blabbered.

Then Zoro looked like it was new news to him and chuckled, "You're getting smarter, huh, Luffy?" he said. He then ruffled my hair and smiled at me. "Anyway, I have an idea on how to cure that!" this was my greatest idea ever, well, it probably will be. "What is it?" Zoro asked, uncrossing his arms and put an arm around my neck and shoulders. "I heard a hug could give you back your energy! So, why not try it?" I suggested.

Then Zoro gave me a how-could-you-be-so-damn-dumb look, people always give me that look, so I finally got used to what it looked like. But I sometimes get startled when Zoro does it, because he barely does! "Oh, come on, it's a good idea!" I defended, then Zoro looked away from me. When he did, I realized that he looked like he was studying my face when he was looking at me. Then, he did a slightly annoyed sigh, meaning he gave in to me.

I grinned and wrapped my arms around him quickly, waiting for him to respond. Then he started to chuckle, I knew that it started to work. "See! You're getting more energy!" I yelled, I slightly pulled away so that we could face each other and so that I could see his reaction. He looked happier than before, honestly, so I knew it worked. "Seems that you were right." he admitted.

"Told 'ya!" I knew I could let go now, but I didn't want to honestly, I still wanted to continue to be connected with him. It seemed that Zoro didn't want to let go either anyway. Then all of a sudden, Zoro put me on his lap as my arms were still around him and carried me like a princess. That reminded me of Vivi! "Shishishi, I guess you got all of your energy." I joked around.

"You still wanna go to the island?" Zoro asked, then my eyes definitely started to sparkle. "Of course I do!" I replied, grinning ear to ear. Then, Zoro hopped down the boat with me still in his arms, it was kind of fun, honestly, since I could still feel Zoro's body heat. "Do you expect me to carry you the whole way?" he asked, I then tilted my head in confusion. "Yeah? Weren't you?" I asked.

Zoro then chuckled softly and looked straight ahead, "Yeah, I was. But I thought you might've wanted to get down." he said. I got even more confused honestly, because why would I not want to be carried like this by Zoro? We were in a jungle, so there were lots of animals that I saw and different kinds of fruits, which looked kind of weird. Like a banana I saw a while ago that had a huge eyeball on it. "Is that...a strawberry that's running?" Zoro stopped walking and I stared at it.

There was a normal sized strawberry that had legs on it, it was circling around a tree and kept on bumping on the tree a few times. "I wanna try it!" I yelled, I then stretched my arm put to get it. "Wha—It's a strawberry with legs. You sure you wanna eat that...thing?" once I had it on my hand, Zoro looked at it with disgust honestly. "Of course!" I said, then I popped it in my mouth, not thinking twice. "Oh, it tastes pretty good!" I said.

Zoro then grinned and started walking once again, "I wanna try one now, too." he said. Once he said that, I started to turn my head to look for more, then I saw one running away. "'Gotcha!" I yelled, then stretched my hand out to grasp it. "Here 'ya go, Zoro!" I offered, Zoro opened his mouth and I put it in his mouth. Once he chewed it, he spat it out.

"It's bitter, Luffy!" Zoro yelled as he glared at me, "Whattt? It's good!" I yelled back. "Geez...I'm gonna give that thing to you if I ever find that on my dish." he said, that made me even happier. Wait, I heard of a thing called the olive theory, but I forgot what it was. I wonder what I remembered that for. After a few hours, we were running back to the Sunny since the others start sprinting back too.

There was a huge yellow watermelon or whatever thingy chasing after them. We had to leave the island immediately since the log pose restarts or something, I don't know what term Nami uses, well anyway, the log pose restarts. When we started running, I hopped off of Zoro's arms because I thought he couldn't run properly when I was being carried by him. Then, once we arrived, we were all panting. "Sanji—The anchors!" Nami yelled.

"Yes, Nami-swan!" Sanji yelled back, and he hurriedly raised the anchor, then we were set. I sighed and looked for Zoro. I was kind of upset we weren't hugging anymore and that I hopped out of his arms, but it was all good. Well, not really, since I was literally looking for him around the boat to be around him again and well—hug him, I guess. Then, I saw him.

He was on the upper deck, sleeping again. I giggled and walked over to him. I then went on my knees and crawled onto his lap. Then I started drifting to sleep with him. Before I immediately drifted to sleep, I felt Zoro put his arm around me, hugging me.

Guess he wasn't asleep, huh?