17, A Good Night's Sleep!

Turnaround Reprise - Hans Zimmer, Camille

Zoro stirred in his sleep. Subconsciously, he started to look for Luffy as he was used to the warmth of Luffy beside him whilst he slept but now, he could only feel the cold bedsheet.

Zoro immediately sat up and glanced at the window, it was still dark out. Luffy rarely went out in the middle of the night—he never does. Zoro kicked his feet out of the blanket and got out of bed. He turned the doorknob and opened the door and started to search for Luffy.

Zoro walked up the small staircase to the upper dock and there was Luffy, leaning against the railings and watching the night sky as he relaxed to the hum of the waves rocking the boat. Zoro slowly approached Luffy to make sure he wouldn't scare him.

Luffy glanced at Zoro and gave him a grin, "Zoro, what're you doing here?" Luffy asked.

Zoro raised an eyebrow at Luffy and softly chuckled at him, "I should be asking you that. What are you doing here so late at night?" Zoro mumbled as he leaned his back against the railings.

"I wanted to get fresh air just for a while," Luffy murmured.

As he looked up at the night sky, Zoro glanced at Luffy. His eyes were reflecting the star's light, making his eyes look like it was sparkling as well. "The moon is beautiful tonight, Zoro." Luffy said.

Zoro completely knew what Luffy meant. Luffy has done this a few times which made Zoro now used to the phrase. "I love you too, Luffy," he said as he kissed Luffy's forehead.

"Let's go back in our room, alright?" Zoro suggested, Luffy nodded slowly. Zoro offered Luffy a hand and Luffy slowly took his hand as Zoro lead the way to their room. Luffy climbed onto the bed whilst Zoro laid down beside him. Zoro wrapped his arms around the smaller man securely as if to protect him from all harm.

"Zoro..." Luffy trailed off. After a moment, Luffy finished his sentence, "Goodnight." He said. Zoro couldn't help it but smile at Luffy. "Goodnight, Luffy," Zoro said in return.

Luffy then started to play with Zoro's hair soothingly as he knew that Zoro easily relaxed and fell asleep when he did that. "At this rate, I'll sleep before you, Luffy..." Zoro muttered under his breath. Luffy softly giggled at Zoro as he continued to play with his hair relaxingly.

"That's what I'm trying to do." Luffy said as he continued to make Zoro fall asleep. "It's working..." Zoro said playfully as he started to slowly drift to sleep. Luffy softly chuckled at Zoro's sleepy remark. "I love you, Luffy." Zoro murmured sleepily. Luffy softly giggled at Zoro's sleepy voice. "I love you too, Zoro." Luffy said as he started to drift asleep as well.

His eyes started to droop and close as he started to relax whilst he heard Zoro's peaceful and steady breathing. Luffy softly chuckled and started to fall asleep, feeling safe and secure as Zoro held him while he slept.

It was night's like these that made both Luffy and Zoro fall in love with each other even more. The peaceful moments without any interruptions and no danger at all. Just pure love and affection for each other.

Apologies for not updating this and writing such a short chapter. Summer break is making me just sleep a lot and rot in my bed with no motivation to continue this sometimes.