13, I'm Not Hungry At All!

love. — wave to earth

Short story!

He doesn't know Sabo is alive yet here.

"You're not hungry, Luffy?" We were all sat on the dining table, about to eat lunch, until Sanji asked that question. When was Luffy not hungry? "No...I don't wanna eat." My jaw almost dropped to the floor, everyone's mouth was open because they were all surprised. "Is...is this really Luffy?" Robin asked, you know it's bad when Robin asks a stupid question. There's no way Luffy wasn't hungry.

I started to panic—what if something bad is happening to Luffy and nobody knows so something really bad does happen to him? I stood up from my chair and raised my hand, I put my hand on his forehead and then put my hand on his neck to see if he had a fever or something. "You got a concussion or something?" I asked, Luffy giggled and shook his head. What was going on with him if he wasn't sick or he didn't have a concussion? "Did 'ya eat something bad?" I asked, he shook his head again.

"I dunno...what if he's really not hungry?" Chopper asked, "When is he not hungry?" Everyone asked in unison with a nervous tone in their voice. "Come on! Am I really that hungry all the time?" Luffy asked, we all nodded at him. "...I'm just not in the mood to eat." He said as he picked on his ring finger. Eventually, we let it go, but we were, of course, still worried about Luffy's health. Luffy left the dining table and went outside.

"Follow him, Zoro!" Nami yelled, "On it." I replied. I stood up from my chair and swung the door open as I followed Luffy out. I saw him sitting on the Thousand Sunny's head and while he was sitting down, he was playing with his straw hat. "Hey, Luffy." I greeted him, he smiled at me as I stood there, waiting. He patted the Sunny's head, a signal that he wanted me to sit next to him.

I slightly grinned and jumped on the head then sat down beside him. "How you feeling?" I asked, "Fine." He bluntly replied, my heart skipped a beat for some reason, but I'm just gonna ignore that. "You sure you don't wanna eat?" I asked, I had to make sure, just in case he changed his mind. He rested his head on my shoulder and sniffled, "I saw-" I'm sure he was gonna open up, but then he saw a flying fish. "Holy crap! Is that a flying fish?" He stood up and started to look for more.

"You saw that, right!?" He asked, he was smiling brightly like before again. "Hey, be careful." I told him, since he was standing up on the Sunny's head, he almost fell looking for the flying fish. Then, all of a sudden, a bunch of flying fish flew out of the waters and splashed Luffy, making him all drenched. "Urgh...sea water..." he plopped down the Sunny's head and laid there. I chuckled and patted his head, "I'm hungry." I felt peace in my soul after hearing that, not gonna lie.

"Let's go eat then," I said, I offered him my hand and he took it as we went down the Sunny's head. I had a feeling he was gonna talk about Ace or something, but now, he probably didn't wanna make Ace sad right now by crying. I got him plates of each food Sanji made today and gave it to him. While he was chowing it down, he was mumbling to me. "I was...about to cry because of Ace and Sabo." He admitted.

"Who's Sabo?" I asked, I don't think he ever mentioned that he had another brother other than Ace. Well, even if he did tell me right now, I would still forget anyway since I would probably only remember that brother by meeting him, just like Ace.