9, The Argument I Started!

Always Forever - Cults

"Luffy—I know you want to go, but consider how dangerous it is first than acting on instinct." I tried to not argue with Luffy and his ideas, but this one was too dangerous for him. He was planning on barging in a meeting full of powerful pirates for fun. It's my duty to make sure he's safe as his right hand man. Plus, these pirates have bounties higher than 600,000,000. Of course they'll be dangerous.

"So what? I know it's dangerous but I have to! They're planning on destroying an island right now, why not step in right now?" Luffy argued, I scoffed and scrunched my eyebrows. "Luffy—"

"I'm strong. I'll surely defeat them, no matter what." my blood started to boil for some reason, must be because of the heat right now, we close to a burning island. "Luffy, you have to understand that you'll get hurt still. No matter how strong you are. They'll all gang up on you." I said, I thought that would be enough to make Luffy think of another plan than just barge into the place, but I thought wrong. "Why not just not come, Zoro? You keep on arguing about it! Just throw yourself away in the sea or something if you're not in it!" I froze. There's no way Luffy just said that to me right now. "What?" I muttered as Luffy glared at me with such a harsh gaze.

"You know what? Why not just throw your life away instead and just willingly die at this point since you wanna be injured so bad? I'm just trying to help you! Do you wanna die just like—" I finally realized what I was saying. The heat was really getting to me—or maybe there was something weird in the air, I don't know. The others were just staring at us argue. But I was the one in the wrong now because of what I said. Shit—I lost control of my words, I fucked up so bad.

"Just like who? I dare you to finish that!" Luffy yelled, then Sanji came up from behind him and put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "Luffy, why don't we think this over some food, okay?" Luffy grit his teeth and once he turned away to walk with Sanji to the kitchen, he gave me one last glance. A glance that seemed to be full with hate in his eyes. My heart throbbed, he's never looked at me that way—or anyone that way. Robin, Franky, Chopper, and Brook followed Luffy and Sanji to the kitchen while Usopp and Nami stayed with me.

I sunk down and sat on the floor, resting my back on the hand rails, Usopp and Nami did the same. "Dude, why would you say that to Luffy...?" Usopp asked, he sounded nervous in the first place to even ask. "I don't know." I bluntly grumbled as they both sighed beside me. "I get it. Couples argue like that. But you're in the wrong. Luffy's always like this and he survives it. You know that." Nami said, sitting criss crossed while crossing her arms. "Fuck." I mumbled under my breath.

"I don't know why I did it, okay? My head started to feel all fuzzy then I didn't even realize what I said, I only did after I said it." I almost yelled it out since I was honestly getting pissed again, well, at myself. "Is it because we passed that island?" Nami asked, then Usopp nervously nodded, then they looked back at me. "Look...Zoro. We passed an island...and it only affects couples I guess. Weird island, right? Well, when we pass it, it sends out gas which kind of controls your emotions and feelings. So you guys were both angry because of that." I scoffed, seriously? "We thought it wouldn't affect you guys because you guys are the strongest here...and it affacted Robin and Franky a while ago, too, surprisingly. Also Usopp and Sanji—except they aren't a couple. Right, Usopp?"

"Right!..." he yelled, then both their attention was turned back to me. "Zoro. Just explain everything and Luffy will forgive you sooner or later. Promise." Nami said, then Usopp snd Nami stood up and started walking towards the kitchen. "Good luck, Zoro!" Nami said as they both left. What a stupid ass reason on why I snapped on Luffy—there shouldn't be an excuse. Did they see the way he looked at me?

He looked like he hates me so much—but he also looked hurt by my words. I need to apologize quickly, I can't live if Luffy ignores me or breaks up with me. I stood up, mustered my courage, and headed to the kitchen. Once the door swung open, I saw everyone talking to a pouting Luffy. When I was there, everyone's attention was now on me, everybody but Luffy himself.

Luffy avoided my gaze and immediately stood up, "I'm off." he said coldly, he passed by me, trying to leave me again, but I caught his arm and now, he was finally looking at me. "Can we talk? Please? Just hear me out." I mumbled to him, I was basically praying to whatever god there was so that he would just talk to me. He nodded silently and started walking, I followed him. Once he was in the upper deck, he stopped abruptly, causing me bump into him. We were face to face and I awkwardly cleared my throat as he shook my hand off of his arm.

"So, Luffy. Nami was saying something about a thing—a gas—where of you inhale it, uhm, couples will get mad at each other. So, I didn't mean what I said, I swear. I don't know what went over me. Well, I know the smoke or gas thing went over me, but—"

Luffy laughed. I finally heard his laughter. His face looked like he was genuinely having a good time, his smile was bright enough to light up the dark world we had, his voice was everything. "I'm not mad anymore, Zoro. I actually just wanted to see what you'd say." he teased, but that made me feel better. He wasn't mad at me anymore, and he won't break up with me, or ignore me either, I'm guessing.

"I'm sorry for saying that shit a while ago." I said, pulling him by his waist and hugging him, "Me too. I'm sorry." he apologized back.

Luffy smelled like the sea, even though he's never been in the sea these years since he can't swim. I wonder how he smells like the sea. It smells good.

This is kinda mid honestly