8, A Proclamation of Love!?

Mia & Sebastian's Theme - Justin Hurwitz

We arrived on the island Luffy was so persistent on coming because he wanted to experience the summer festival here. Luffy grabbed my hand and pulled me to the entrance of the festival which was really crowded, "Zoroo! Let's g—" before Luffy could finish, Nami pulled Luffy by his sleeve. He was wearing a traditional yukata, I was too since Luffy forced me to match with him. Well, some of us were also wearing yukatas and kimonos, but he wanted to match with me specifically. I'm basically getting special treatment from him which is the best thing I can experience.

"We need to be in groups. So! I'm gonna assign you in one. Just wait, 'kay?" Nami said, then gathered everyone in the crew to listen up. Well, Luffy wasn't listening, he was dozing off and looking somewhere else, so I'm gonna listen for him. 

"Group one! Franky, Robin, and Chopper. Group two! Sanji, me, and Luffy. Then, Zoro, Brook, and Usopp! Got it? I'm giving you guys 3,000 berries for allowance so that you guys can buy whatever food or something. Meet up here exactly after the fireworks!"

I immediately paused, Luffy wasn't in my group, no way I was gonna go into a summer festival without him. "Wait. Stop. Someone switch. I wanna go with Luffy." I said, then Nami turned around and looked at the others with a weird smile on her face. "Oooo...He wants to be with his boyf—" before Sanji could finish, Nami elbowed him in the stomach and cut him off, serves him right. "Well...er. Fine. You guys both can go. But—"

"Thanks." I grabbed Luffy's hand and headed off without hearing Nami's additional information. She was definitely gonna say that we have to go with someone else too, but I just want to be alone with Luffy, honestly. "Shishishi, you really wanna be with me, huh, Zoro?" Luffy teased, but I nodded since he was right. I did wanna be with him, I needed to tell him something important and it won't get held off because of some grouping. "Zoro! Food stalls! Let's go!" Luffy let go of my hand and kept on handing over money to vendors that gave him food.

He was rushing to each stall, he was stuffing his face with food while he was walking to another food stall. That's Luffy for you, he's not okay if he isn't shoving his face with food when there's a chance too. "Ah—I spent it all..." I froze, in those ten minutes or so, he spent them all on food? "Pfft—Really? You want my money? I don't want anything from here." I handed over the puch full of berries and handed it over to Luffy. "Really...? Thanks, Zoro! But I think I'll just keep it handy." he said.

"I think I've tried out all the food here already. And...they've run out because of me as well." he giggled as we walked around the festival. "You wanna go to a place where you can see the fireworks easily? I heard there's a good one nobody really goes, or do you wanna play some games?" I asked, then Luffy looked at me with gleaming eyes. "Fireworks place! It's starting soon, too." he said, I then held up my hand, waiting for Luffy to grab it. After a few second, he did, and our fingers intertwined together. We were both walking up a hill with staircases as Luffy was rambling about stuff.

Like when he was playing with Ace and he accidentally fell into a lake, so a crocodile almost ate him, and when he got eaten by an alligator and Ace, alongside with Sabo, had to beat it so it would spit him out. He was getting into all sorts of trouble when he was a kid, huh? "We're here." Luffy looked at the grass and his eyes widened. He was staring at all the flowers there was, most of them were glowing, too. "This is a cool place!" Luffy exclaimed in excitement.

We both sat on the grassy and flowery field and Luffy leaned on my arm, "I haven't seen fireworks in forever. I think it was two years ago." Luffy said. Before we separated for a little while, huh? Suddenly, the fireworks started to boom in the sky and Luffy was paying close attention. "It's starting!" he yelled, I then put my arm around his waist and kept us close together. There were all sorts of fireworks that were there in the sky.

There were random thumbs up fireworks, normal ones that were colorful, bigger ones that covered the whole sky, and hearts. This is the time I'm supposed to confess my feelings to Luffy, to make him understand how I feel about him. The moment he realizes I don't think of him as a best friend, I think of him as someone I want to make my lover. "Luffy..." I mumbled his name close to his ear so he would hear my voice. He turned his head and looked at me, he was smiling since he was really happy about seeing fireworks.

Suddenly, my throat was dry and my voice sounded snd felt hoarse, I was nervous since—what if I ruin my friendship because of my dumbass feelings? "Zoro?" he said, his smile turning into a concerned look for me. You know what, let me just say it. I gulped and opened my mouth, "I like you." I finally confessed. Then, Luffy's head tilted in confusion, "Huh? I like you too!" he yelled, then he looked back at the fireworks filling up the sky

He didn't get it, did he? "No. Luffy. I meant the other like. 'I want to date you' like." I said, then Luffy put his attention on me again. "Huh?" he uttered, then his face turned a bright red, and he backed away from my face, that's when I realized I was too close and I looked like I was about to kiss him. "Zorooo! I like you too!" he yelled and grinned ear to ear. He tackled me into a huh and my back was on the grass as he was on top of me.

Shit, he's just so beautiful, what right does he have to smile like he has the power to kill someone with that adorable smile? "No. Scratch that. I think I love you." I muttered, I carresed Luffy's cheek and smiled at him, first of all, he likes me, second of all, he's so beautiful, third of all, he fucking likes me. Fuck, I'm the luckiest and happiest man alive right now. "I love you too, Zoro! I'll give you all of my I love you's!" he yelled, then my heart started beating like crazy. "I'm gonna go crazy because of you." I said, then I rolled off of the floor and I was now hovering on top of Luffy.

"You're just so..." before I finished, I pulled him into a kiss all of a sudden. This kiss was finally the kiss I could give him now that we're dating. Then, he started kissing me back, his lips were oddly soft. I was obsessed with everything of him, even his lips, his eyes, his eyelashes, his eyebrows, his hair, his body, his nose, his smile, his voice, everything. I'm head over heels for him.

Who wouldn't want to love him? And who wouldn't love him?