𝟎𝟑 , 𝚐𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚞𝚎𝚜

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ) ✽𐬺𐬿
𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗.

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ) 彡 ✽𐬺𐬿༅❧⁂シ𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗

" i love all the many charms about you... above all, i want my arms about you "
EMBRACEABLE YOU
judy garland

THORPE ABBOTTS, ENGLAND
June 25, 1943
———————————

     // EVELYN HAD COMPLETED HER 28th MISSION, although it hadn't been a success and many men were gone — thirty to be exact. It was not a great mission for anyone. No bombs had been dropped, and the men were in shock of how brutal being in the air actually was.

Currently, all the nurses were in the Triage section, attending to the many injured men. Evelyn sat on a small stool, wrapping Dickie's hands that had gotten frostbite from touching a cold gun.

Dickie winced the tiniest bit as Evelyn wrapped the medical bandages around his hands, "Don't worry, they'll be better soon. Just remember to keep pressure off of them." Evelyn guided the man, sealing the bandages.

"Thank you," Dickie watched the woman for a moment, taking in her stunning features, "Y'know..." he started, grabbing Evelyn's attention, "...when we heard a woman would be in the air with us, we assumed you'd just be a distraction."

Evelyn scoffed with a small smile, that's what she assumed they had thought anyways, so it didn't bother her as much as it probably should have, "I know. Trust me, I've heard that many times before."

Before Evelyn could get up, Dickie continued, "How do you do it?" With the slight question in Evelyn's expression, he elaborated, "I mean, how have you been up so many times? doesn't it bother you?"

Evelyn shrugged, tugging a stray strand of her hair out of her face, "I guess..." she let out a breath of air, "...I do get scared, it's hard not to. But helping those men up there is what I do, it's what I'm best at. After a while, it just seems normal."

Dickie nodded once, he couldn't comprehend it, but he guessed being up so many times, that maybe it did seem normal. He was impressed that a woman, of all people, was probably the most stable when exiting the planes.

Evelyn looked up, noticing Curt Biddick walking towards them, she sent him a tight lipped smile, "I'll leave you two." She gathered her belongings and made her way to a new patient.