Chapter 7: Here Comes the Sun

The sun burnished the city of Petalburg, and our favorite brunette was waking up from her long day yesterday. May woke up without her Glaceon, who along with her other Pokémon were released last night. She left them in the greenhouse to settle down with her father's Pokémon.

She stretched out her arms and yawned loudly, "Oh boy, yesterday was exhausting, but I have a big day ahead today. After seeing Ash yesterday I can't wait to see him again, I'm so excited for tomorrow!" The girl said as she prepared for the new day. "I wonder if Drew is as jumpy as I am, probably not. I wonder why he wants to come to Kanto with me. Wonder if this has something to do with his feelings," May blushed at the fact that Drew might flirt with her because he liked her, but anyway she was ready for her journey.

"I should probably go eat breakfast, what time is it anyway?" the brunette turned to her clock and read 10:03 am. "That's not good, it's kind of late, wonder if mom and dad will excuse me this time," she sighed.

The girl with the red night-gown slowly got herself out of bed to open the door and head downstairs. She could hear a presence in the kitchen and when she entered she saw her parents with Max.

"May, glad to see you're finally awake I thought you might as well sleep the whole day," Norman was the first to speak, teasing his daughter.

"Sorry about that dad, it's just I was busy thinking about tomorrow," May nervously laughed while giving him a sheepish smile.

Norman smiled, "I understand honey, you're going to be pretty busy today so you might as well get started now."

May's nervousness vanished and she said, "Thank you dad,"

"Honey, you already have some waffles set on the table with maple syrup," Caroline mentioned to her daughter after the small conversation May had with her father.

She sat next to her brother, and as usual, he mocked her, "Gee, May I swear you just need the fur to resemble a Slakoth because I haven't met anyone who sleeps as much as you."

May was annoyed at this comment and punched him upside the head. "Very funny Max, but let's see you say that again."

"No thank you," Max answered, holding the pain and a tear hanging from his eye.

Norman and Caroline simply sighed, wondering when the constant sibling bickering would halt.

Max continued to eat silently, trying to stop himself from making another rude remark about his sister, unless he wanted to suffer more pain. Norman and Caroline just spoke between them about how to help May prepare for her travel to Pallet.

May was just daydreaming while eating her waffles. What would be the first thing she would do with Ash when she got to the quiet little town? She also remembered that Drew would be there. Would Ash pleasantly welcome Drew like the coordinator had told her yesterday? She worried about it, but recalling how Ash reacted to Drew during their old travels she thought that perhaps he wouldn't be too bugged since Ash is nice with everyone overall.

Now, she had to think about how she was going to prepare herself for today? She definitely knew that she was going to take her Pokémon, but who exactly? She had to figure that out later, when she visited the greenhouse. As for clothing, she would take a dozen red blouses with her green bandana, sneakers, and her usual Johto skirts. She shouldn't forget her toothbrush, shampoo, body wash cream and brush.

The brunette started to think out loud and whispered to herself, "What else would I need? Hmmmm.....I think that's it right? Yep, I guess I'm all set."

Still in her nightwear, she made a fist, anticipating her adventure. The trio with her noticed this, and looked at her strangely.