Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

Dela Vera Residence - Evening (Saturday)

"Sis!" Raffy called as he was busy playing with his PSP. "Penelope's here!"

"Raf, I'll just go to her room..." Penelope uttered as she wear-off her shoes and get some slippers to wear-on.

"..much better." Raffy agreed without looking at her. "She didn't get out of her room since she arrived. She haven't even eat dinner." He added, a bit worried and looked at her. "Is there something happened?"

Penelope smiled. "I will share to you later..." she told and flicked her eyes on him.

Raffy laughed. "...looks-like, something very amusing is happening right now to sis, right?" he mischievously puffed.

Penelope nodded with her naughty smile.

Raffy laughed again. "Then, you know how and where to find me to share that!"

"SURE!" Penelope appeased and give-me five gestures to him.

Penelope is like a family already to the Dela Veras'. Catrin and her are classmates since grade school. And ever since, she used to come to their house anytime she wanted. Being an only child, she really enjoyed the company of the two siblings, Catrin and Raffy Dela Vera.

She entered her friend's room without knocking and saw Catrin sitting near at the terrace, looking clueless.

"Are you thinking about it?" Penelope abruptly asked and sat on the potato couch beside her friend.

"Why you're here?" Catrin snobbishly asked without looking at her bestfriend.

Penelope laughed. "Of course!" she blurted. "...I'm here to convince you to change your mind." She added without taking pauses to her words.

"Penelope! I won't change my mind!" Catrin strongly said, turned her eyes onto her in disbelief.

"Will you not be affected if Lowell got embarrass at his parent's party?" Penelope asked in a heartbreaking tone.

Catrin raised her one eyebrow in disbelief again. When did Penelope learn to act like that? "That won't work on me, Pen..." she uttered, emotionless.

Penelope sighed. I think...I will have a hard-time on this one, Andrew. She thought.

"I learned from Andrew the story behind Lowell and Alyssa's break-up..." Penelope started. This is the only way I know to convince you bestfriend. Sorry.

"You asked?" Catrin puffed, narrowed her eyes to her friend.

"Of course not!!" Penelope strongly denied. "I was even surprised that Andrew shared it with me noh...so I just let him..." she added, twitching fingers on her back.

"Then what's the connection of the break-up for convincing me to change my mind? And for wanting me to pretend again as Lowell"s girlfriend?" Catrin snobbishly asked.

Penelope blew an air first. "They broke-up almost one year already. They been together since college." She continued, ignoring her bestfriend's question.

"Almost one year?" Catrin abruptly asked, curious. "...what's the reason of the break-up then?"

Penelope hid her amusement when she finally able to get her best friend's interest about Lowell. "Yap!" she nodded. "...and the reason why they broke up because Alyssa falls out of love to Lowell..."

"Falls out of love?" Catrin asked, getting more curious. Damn! I am now interested to know his past. Grrr! Penelope and Andrew...these are your fault!