Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

At the airport

"Text me, once you arrived in Malaysia," Lowell said as he bidding goodbye to her wife.

Catrin smiled. "Will do..." then walked inside to check-in

As always, she was still the workaholic woman. She's every dedicated to her work, her craft. Lowell thought as he watches her going inside. He smiled.

Even how much he wanted to tell her to resign on her job and just be busy on him, he can't. He can't even spill out his feelings for her. He is waiting for the right time.

As he was driving ahead to the office, he can't help but remember their moments in Camiguin.

"Are you going to sleep there?" Catrin asked as she saw him preparing to sleep on the sofa. On her observation, the sofa is too small for him and he surely won't be able to sleep there well.

"Don't mind me. I'll be fine." Lowell smiled at her.

"...I-I can share the bed," she stammered.

Lowell paused and momentarily looked at her.

"Come on! The bed is too big for me." Catrin said without making pauses in her words. "...you won't do anything to me, right?" she latter added.

Lowell chuckled. "I told you...I won't touch you unless you permits' me," he murmured and walked on the other side of bed then pulled inside the bed covers.

They are now lying on the bed, both staring in ceiling.

"Lowell..." she started.

"Ummmmn,"

"Why you are so kind to me? You know, what's 'ours' different..."

He turned his head to her and waited for her to look on him. "Can't you see? I'm happy."

"Happy?" she pouted, confused.

He sweetly smiled. "You always made me happy. You made my heart happy."

She smirked. "Me too...you made my heart happy."

"Wanna sleep here?" Lowell asked, pointed out his arms and shoulder to her. "Come here,"

Without a word, she move into him and laid her head on his arms. Once again, she allowed him to wrap his arms around her.

I love you Catrin...

He kissed her forehead.

***

Three days later - Friday

Lowell arrived home early. He went straight home after his meeting with the client. He feels so tired.

He changed clothes then went to the living room as he turned-on the TV, laid his back on the sofa, without realizing he had already fallen into sleep.

"Yes, I will call you later, Pen..." Catrin spoke as she arrived home. Right after her training in Malaysia, she requested to be re-book on the same day flight. She took a passenger chance at the airport. She can't wait to go home. She can't wait to see him. He will sure be surprise. She thought.

She misses his smiles, his laughs, his antic, his teases...everything about him.

Luckily, she got a seat. And now, she's here...here to their house.

She opened the door and went straight to her room. She wear-off her jacket and shoes then go downstairs barefoot. She used to do it and Lowell always reminds her to wear slippers. She smiled as she remembered.