Bitch Dog

Something changed.

Cross was sure of it.

He just couldn't put his finger on it right away.

He was still kept in isolation, absolute darkness and roaring silence.

He was still chained down and muzzled.

He was still plagued by nightmares about the Stars abusing him while the Council cheered them on.

He was still fed food scraps and leftovers by Nightmare, who remained his only social contact. The examinations of his limbs had stopped, the bones partially fused together in a way that he couldn't move them anymore. At least they didn't hurt either.

The only other thing that had changed, was that Cross became irresistably sleepy right after he drank his water.

Had Nightmare begun drugging him? But why?

Cross shook off the idea of drugs. Nightmare didn't need those to put someone to sleep. But still, why?

Had it something to do with why he always felt sore lately, whenever he woke up after such particular sleeps?

The only other time he had felt like that had been when he woke up the first time after Nightmare took him.

And that had been because Killer and the others had had their way with him.

Wait. Was it that? But considering Nightmare's standards it couldn't be. Or could it? He wanted to know how Nightmare was rectifying this.

When the time of the next feeding came, Nightmare appeared like usual, petted his head, Cross leaning into it eagerly, took of the muzzle, stroked Cross again and gave him his foodbowl, petting him while he ate. When Cross lapped his water Nightmare watched him.

Then he put the muzzle back on and looked at his dog, sensing that something was on his mind. "What are you thinking about so hard, boy?", he asked.

Cross thought about how to get his question across. He sat back and felt his pelvis still slightly sore from the last time and wiggled it back and forth, looking back at his rear and up to Nightmare. The dark deity just cocked an eyebrow. "I am afraid i don't understand what you try to tell me."

Cross thought, then had an idea. It was humilating, but he couldn't fall lower anymore. And, an animal wouldn't care, so why should he when he was labeled as one, supposed to be one.

He got up again, bent his back like a cat and jerked his hips as if humping something. He flinched a little when the movement made his sore pelvis hurt more, and he sat down again, looking up at Nightmare and rapping the fused knuckles of one of his crippled hands on the floor three times.

Nightmare thought. "Humping... and three... ah, you want to know if the Trio had you." Cross nodded hesitantly, not really what he wanted to ask, he already knew it was true.

"Hm, not quite, then... you want to know, why i let them have you, despite labelling you a dog and despising such buggery like people fucking an animal and such."

Cross nodded frantically.

Nightmare breathed deeply, before explaining. "No matter how often i call you a dog, an animal, you stay a person as long as you don't understand yourself as anything else. You can act like a dog as much as you want, it doesn't mean anything if you don't think of yourself as one.

And as long as you stay a person my subordinates are permitted to take you like they can take all of my prisoners.

The only condition is that they have you when i put you to sleep after the feedings so you won't wake up while they are busy with you as they please.

Until you fully accept me as your master and your place and role. Did this answer your question?"

Cross nodded and lowered himself to the ground as he felt Nightmare's Magic taking effect and sending him to sleep.