Chapter Seventeen

( Texts )

Matt : Omg Saint hit the roof. I had to tell him where we went. I can't keep secrets from him. He was more worried than mad though. Worried about my taking the gun. Just because the time he took me to the shooting range I accidentally shot myself in the foot. The foot healed. I can defend myself when I want to. I did it in New York with a picture frame for God's sake. Anyway I distracted him with whip cream and handcuffs and all was good.

Theo : Matt. Again TMI.

Matt : We played cops and robbers.

Theo : Please stop texting.

                   ------------

Theo : Reed ? Where are you?

Reed: Walking.

Theo : When are you coming back?

Reed : When I'm finished walking.

Theo : OH. Are you still mad at me?

Theo : Reed ?

Reed : I'm not mad at you. I'm just not wanting to lose you. I know you don't trust the cops to do the right thing but let them do their job please. We need to make an appointment with this lawyer Saint found. Just in case he's needed.

Theo: Ok. I did tell you.

Reed : After the fact. And because you were feeling guilty. Damn it. I know you won't leave this alone. Since the cancer you've been really bolder and brasher than before. I love your bravery but..... I don't want you getting in trouble. More trouble. If you insist on talking to suspects and I know you will please don't take Matt with you. I like him but I don't think he's a suitable back up. And if he's hurt helping you Saint will kill me. And you. And if you get hurt I can't deal with that. So take me along on this sleuth shit. Ok ?

Theo : Ok. You're off tomorrow. Can we go see Vanessa's wife ? I have her address.

Reed : I'm not even asking where you got that , darling. Yes. We can go see the widow. I'm on my way home. I love you.

Theo : I love you too. Pick up whipped cream on the way home. And chocolate sauce.

Reed: Are you baking or something?

Theo : No.

Reed: Then why?

Reed : Oh. Be there fast as I can.