Chapter 27

Isaac

She was fuming with anger and I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. I'd be lying if I said that her calling me cold hearted didn't bother me because it did. She has called me worse before but this time it kind of hurt.

I simply stare at her whilst she shoots daggers at me with her eyes, I was angry when I came in here to confront her but seeing her outburst has shut me up for some unknown reason, it might be because I sort of feel bad for her now. I insisted on keeping our marriage going, threatened her boss to not give her job back, barred her from seeing her friends inside the villa... I'm basically keeping her a prisoner here.

Not knowing what to say, I turn around and walk out of the room she has now occupied. As soon as I'm out, I let out a sigh and walk back to my room which now feels empty without her sitting there on the couch and reading her books.

What is happening to me?

The way Jack looks at her has always bothered me but today it made me angry, and as usual I decided to take out my anger on my wife because I can't directly take it out on Jack. In my defence: they were being a little too playful with each other and I know I shouldn't have lashed out at Amber, but I couldn't help it because I know she acted like that with Jack just to spite me.

                 ____________________

I was getting ready for the day when I heard a light tap on the door.

"Come in"

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Amber asked poking her head from behind the door, I nodded and she opened the door fully to let herself in.

Last night wasn't very peaceful for me, I kept thinking about how I've trapped both of us in this unhappy marriage for another six months when we had the chance to get out of it.

She stood there fumbling with her hands whilst I was selecting my tie for the day.

"The red one would look good" she said and I turned around from my drawer.

"What?" I asked, a little baffled and she shrugged before answering "It was just my opinion, you're wearing blue... red might look good" she said in nervousness while I tried my best to not smile.

I took the red tie and closed the drawer before turning to look at her.

"So?"

"I'm sorry"

"What?" I asked in shock, she isn't the one who should be saying sorry right now, it's me.

"Yes... I um- I... I shouldn't have lashed out at you like that yesterday" she said and I was about to open my mouth and say something when she stopped me with a show of hand.

"Let me finish please... you know I've been reflecting lately and I think I finally have a plan for my life, but I don't want to spend the upcoming six months with you sulking in this house. I still think you were wrong yesterday for saying all that mean stuff to me but you know what? I'm tired... so tired of always keeping up a fight" she said and a lone tear escaped her eye.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Can we please be on good terms for the remainder of our marriage? I don't want to keep fighting with you for every little inconvenience that occurs between us? We've already decided to act like a couple in front of the public, can't we try and be friends for real?" she asked with pleading eyes.

I was so taken aback by her words that I had to repeat her question.

"You want us to be friends for real?"

"Yes" she nodded, the way she was looking at me right now made me feel something I can't exactly decipher but it's there.

"Okay... let's give our friendship a shot" I said dragging the words and the way her eyes instantly lit up was a scene I wish I could record on camera.

It might be just me but she was looking so beautiful today, I love how gifted she is naturally, those sensuous lips and bambi eyes could easily kill anyone.

She rushed to where I was standing and engulfed me in her embrace, I was so taken aback that it took me some time to recover and hug her back... this is the first time since our marriage that we've embraced each like this for real.

I never noticed how short she is up until now, she just about reaches my chest and I love it. With her head buried in my chest and her arms wrapped around me tightly something warm and fuzzy bubbled in my heart.

She abruptly broke the hug and it didn't feel right, not to me atleast.

"I'm... I'm so sorry" she stuttered.

"I got excited that's all, I didn't mean to-you know... I mean" I placed my index finger on her lips.

"Shhh... you said we should be friends and friends hugging each other is pretty normal" I said and her cheeks reddened. God she's so cute.

"Okay" she said in nervousness but that's enough for now, atleast she isn't running away from me or calling me names.

"Here let me help you" she said taking the tie from my hand and I nodded. It's funny how she had to tiptoe just to reach the right level.

As her arms snaked around my neck to wrap the tie, the urge to kiss those lips of hers intensified. I shook that idea out of my head and stood there as she tried to fix my tie with concentration... I'm clearly losing my mind.

"There" she said standing back and creating a fair amount of space between us "Hope it lives up to your expectations" she commented and I simply smiled at her not wanting to give away too much of what I'm feeling inside.