Chapter Three

SPENCER

❦❤︎❦

His face is illuminated by the colorful strobe lights of the club, casting me a perfect view of his features. His sharp and high cheekbones as well as a sharp jawline.

His lips look like they've been sketched by an artist.

With all the right arches and fullness to make them look attractive and alluring.

God, he's so perfect.

Uh, what?

No, he absolutely was not.

He's really tall— I'd say at least six foot four, and has a good-built body like he trains a lot. His eyes are surrounded by long, full eyelashes, the light gray standing out from the rest of his features, immediately drawing my entire attention to them.

Even though the color is clear, I can still tell they're intense and deep.

Like they're painted, and not real at all.

But they're looking down at me with a menacing glare. Like they always did.

Screw him.

The deep rumble of his voice and the velvety touch it has is captivating, to say the least. But I can't help but frown when his words finally register.

Taking a deep breath as my breath hitches in my throat, I slowly look back down at his plump, pink lips.

Wow.

His shitty personality did not match his looks. But I already knew that.

"You know, you should watch the way you speak to people. I'm sure Ms Alice taught you that?" I said, my voice surprisingly steady. Ms Alice was his mom, and a very good family friend. She was also like a second mom to me, and I loved her.

So I know I got to him.

Got you, bitch.

He scoffed, stepping back a little and tilting his head to the side.

Well, it's clear I offended him.

"Fuck you. I don't have time for this draining shit anymore." The way he's observing me has me stuck in place, unable to look away for some damn reason.

His eyes are analyzing mine, almost making me feel like he's interested in being here.

In this space. With me, of all people. His arch enemy.

But I know that he's not. His body language and constant glares toward me spoke otherwise. The gray color in his eyes were mesmerising, sucking me in, like this conversation was pleasant.

Which it wasn't. It was anything but.

"What's forcing you to stay? You know you're welcome to leave, actually," I finally say, tearing my eyes from his as I point to the entrance at the front of the booming club.

He doesn't flinch, nor move his gaze towards where I'm pointing.

His gaze stayed concentrated on me.

"Theo, you coming or what?" A deep voice asked.

Peering behind him, I now see a tall blonde guy standing there, holding his hand out in confusion with his brows furrowed as Theo trailed close behind him.

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment, and I want to die right on the spot. I open my mouth, only to close it again.

He wasn't worth it, not anymore. Just let it go, Spencer. It'll be totally fine.