Chapter Ten

SPENCER

❦❤︎❦

                 It was Monday, and I chose to stay home from my classes today because my head is still pounding and I didn't feel like leaving my bed at all.

I'm enjoying my own company today, in front of the TV in my bedroom. As much as I like Walker and Blake as my friends, I like being by myself much more, snuggled up with beautiful baby Roscoe.

So settling for some Netflix, ice cream, and my dog is music to my ears right now.

My eyes are glued to the screen because this episode of Gilmore Girls is just getting good. I'm not one for drama shows but this one is different. It literally had me hooked from the first ten minutes and then I couldn't turn it off.

So you know where you'll find me for the rest of the day.

A small, faint thump has me pausing the show for a moment. At first I think it must have been a gust of wind because it wasn't heavy enough to be a knock. I turn my attention back to the TV, only for my ears to prick at the sound of an engine revving.

This time I'm frowning in confusion. What the hell is going on? Is someone trying to disrupt my peaceful day to myself?

The thought alone pissed me off.

Thinking that I had sulked around enough for the time being, I sighed and stood up from my bed, walking downstairs in my pajamas.

I pulled up my curly black hair in a messy bun on top of my head before pouring myself another glass of water and sitting down on the couch, scrolling on my phone.

I had two notifications from each of my friends, and I clicked on the first one.

Blake: Hey, where are you? Class starts in a few minutes. I hope you're awake, Spencer.

I smiled at his message, but didn't respond. He must've figured out by now that I hadn't attended any of my classes today. It was nearly four o'clock in the evening.

I then clicked on the next unread message.

Walker: I haven't heard from you in a few days, Spencer. Are you ignoring me because I couldn't go with you to the party Friday? I was busy. Get back to me when you can, I love you.

Spencer: I'm okay Walker. I'm not ignoring you, I promise. I love you too, and we'll hang out soon :)

I switched off my phone and closed my eyes, blowing out a heavy sigh. I was truly glad that I had skipped my classes today, even though that'd be a big problem when my mom eventually found out.

She would flip out on me, I thought. I never skipped classes. I never skipped school. My phone buzzed again but I didn't check it this time. It was probably another text from Walker.

Then I started thinking to myself. Frowning and thinking and wishing it wasn't so quiet in this apartment.

Another second or two passed by before I heard the doorbell ring.

I looked over at the front door, knowing exactly who it was going to be. Walker. I sighed.

He was my best friend and I surely couldn't keep ignoring him for the whole day, even if it wasn't my intention. I just needed some time to myself. And if something was ever up, we always spoke it out one way or another.

Letting out a small yawn, I stood up from the couch and went over towards the front door. When I pulled it open, I found myself face to face with the only person I wasn't expecting to find standing there. With his tattooed hands tucked in the front pockets of his jeans.