Chapter Twelve

SPENCER

❦❤︎❦

When the bell rung and class ended I shoved my books in my bag and made my way out the lecture. I blew out a sigh of relief when no one stopped me from leaving the school and almost ran out of the doors.

Now that I had made it outside, under the cold air, I was hoping Miller hadn't left without me. What did he want with me, anyway? When I looked around the street in front of the University, I could barely see anyone.

Had he left without me? How could he have possibly left without me when he's the one that fucking interrupted my class just to speak to me?

He was such a dickhead.

I groaned helplessly and was about to head back inside the school when I noticed someone standing around a corner of the street. It would've been alarming if I hadn't recognized him almost immediately. It was Theo, leaning against a motorcycle.

I wasted no more time before walking towards him, fitting my cold hands under my armpits as I walked. I was expecting a warm greeting even though I had last seen him fifteen minutes ago. But unsurprisingly, all I got was,

"Finally decided to show yourself?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Well excuse me, asshole. It wasn't easy for me. You, always seem to have bad timings."

I didn't like arguing. Really, I did not. Only when it came to him and his judgmental eyes or annoying glares and frowns. Something about him always made me want to argue back. Something about his sarcastic tone always ticked me off. Maybe that was why nobody ever got along with him.

Especially me.

Miller responded with an eye roll and turned towards his bike.

See what I mean?

"Do me a favor and just don't open your mouth for the time being. I've heard enough of your voice and smart remarks." He muttered the last part before picking up his helmet.

"What?" I spoke out loud, not even caring that my administrators or Principal might probably hear me. "Um excuse me, but I think I have a right to speak. So I'll speak as I please."

Was he planning on taking me somewhere? But where? And why?

"I'm not going anywhere with you until you explain to me this whole 'East mafia' thing." I crossed my arms over my chest.

Miller leaned back against his bike and crossed his arms. "Do I really have to?"

It kind of made me think he didn't trust me at all, which I'm now pretty certain he doesn't. But it in turn made me ask myself the same question; did I trust him? I didn't think of an answer though.

Not at that moment.

"Well, you should," I told him, trying not to burst with anger. Why wouldn't he tell me? "I was there that night. I saw most of the things happening right in front of me. There must be a reason for all of that."

"There are a hell lot of things you won't understand, Matthews," he muttered, raking a hand over his shaved head.

I frowned at that. "I'm not dumb, Miller. Despite you thinking I am. And I'm sure if you'll just explain, I'll understand pretty well." I said, then narrowed my eyes at him. "Is it really that hard for you to trust me—"

"I'll show you then." He cut me off, straightening up from his leaning position. I closed my mouth shut and continued frowning at him. "I'll show you what this all is really about, since you won't shut up about it."