Chapter Nine

SPENCER

❦❤︎❦

                 Maybe my previous thoughts were just because I was really drunk. That had to be the only possible explanation why I thought anything on this thing was beautiful.

Because it was Theo Miller who was standing in front of me. With his large tattooed hand around my arm, but I'm pretty sure he was just about to have his tongue on the inside of Zoe's tonsils anyways.

I couldn't think about him like that. No way in hell.

Forcing my gaze away from his intoxicating one, I took a staggering step back and away from him. He was too fucking close to me.

I could feel his body against mine, and I suddenly felt incredibly small. I could even smell his expensive cologne, and I refrained from giving him the satisfaction and breathing in his scent.

His attire wasn't helping, either. He was wearing his signature leather jacket—a different one this time— with black jeans, a plain white shirt and his buzz cut freshly cut.

I felt this strong need to maintain eye contact with him, just so he could look me straight in the eye and I could see his beautiful gray eyes.

Oh fuck me.

Wait... huh?

Theo broke me out of my thoughts when he gripped me again— this time on my wrist— before pulling me back near his body.

This seriously wasn't helping my case.

My very, drunk case that was ready to let go any given moment now. "Matthews? What the hell are you doing here?" Of course he was fucking here. Just my luck.

But what was he really doing here? This was a college party, and he sure as hell wasn't in college.

I gulped, ignoring his words.

"Where's Charlotte?"

I avoided his gaze, staring at the plain wall behind him instead. How fascinating.

"Are you drunk?" He asked me with a slight— maybe even curious— tilt of his head and a disappointing sigh. "You really can't hold your fucking alcohol, huh?"

I suddenly wondered why he cut his hair off. Because for some strange reason I suddenly wanted to run my fingers through his hair. Just to feel the soft black strands through my fingers.

I blinked and looked down at his hand that was still holding my wrist. I dropped my hand from his. My vision then blurred for just a second, black dots appearing and I blinked my eyes rapidly.

"Right. Wait. What?" I asked, looking back up at him. With these big heels on I reach just below his chest.

His eyes narrowed a bit before he raised his dark brows. "Are you really going to make this difficult?" I think he was talking more to himself than me.

Regardless, I continued to regard him.

"What is..." I trailed off, my words getting stuck in the back of my throat. Thinking about my friend again I cleared my throat. Placing one of my hands on Theo's shoulder, I tilted my head to the side. "There are a lot of blondes here, huh? Could you just help me find my friend? Charlotte?"

"I don't even know who that is—"

"Never mind. I'll just do it myself," before I could've left the room to go find someone that wasn't him, Theo grabbed me from behind yet again and pulled me back.

"Why are you always grabbing me, asshole?"

His tattooed hands were on my waist, his ring-clad fingers brushing my soft exposed skin due to the waist cut-outs in my dress. The cold felt nice against my warm skin.