Link's Little Chats

Link's P.O.V.

After hearing those words from (Y/N)'s mouth, I saw her in a new light...

"This girl is so not my type. She's way too smart for my liking. I better stop trying to get to her. Perhaps I should go for her friend instead...hmmm...but then again, getting to her would be the easiest method of stealing her title."

"Welp," (Y/N) started, "that's all you need to know for the start of your training. As you start to learn more, I'll introduce you to more things."

"Alright, boss," I replied

"Your training starts tomorrow. Be here 5AM sharp or I'll start without you."

"Aww what?" I said as whiny as I possibly could, "that's way too early. Not even my grandma wakes up that early."

"Now that's the Link we all know and hate," (Y/N) mumbled under her breath. I heard her, but I pretended not to.

She shrugged her shoulders and sighed, "You signed up for this, boy. Not my fault you can't get your lazy butt up that early."

I pouted at her.

"This girl is really annoying. But that makes it all the sweeter once I steal that title of hers."

"Ugh, fine. I'll see you tomorrow 'best knight in all of Hyrule'."

She tsked at me and I walked away. I decided I'd go and rent a room at the Stock Pot Inn since my friend's parents, Andrew, Anju and Kafei's son, owned the place.

I rode my horse, Epona, to Clock Town. Epona was a brown horse with white majestic hair. The area around her snout was dark brown. I remember finding her a long while back when I was seven years old. I found her at Lon Lon Ranch. We became the best of friends. All I need in my life is my horse. Nothing else.

*****

I got to Clock Town and took in everything I saw as I stood in front of the Clock Tower. I remember when I had to save my buddy, Skull Kid, from the dark powers of Majora's Mask. He's all safe now. Clock Town looks much better than it did before, I'll tell you that.

I headed over to the Stock Pot Inn where I was greeted by the reddish-brown haired Anju and the purplish-blue haired Kafei.

"Link!" Anju greeted, "It's been so long. How have you been?"

Third Person P.O.V.

"I've been fine, thanks for asking," Link replied with a tone of sincerity in his voice. He spoke with more kindness than he did to the girl he met earlier today.

"Link! How've you been? Back from the forest I see. Is the moon going to hit us again?" Kafei said.

"I've been fine. Yes, I'm back from the forest. It was getting quite boring out there. And no," Link laughed, "The moon's not falling down anytime soon. I'm actually here to rent out a room during my stay."

"Is that so?" Kafei replied, "well since you did bring Anju and I back together awhile back I'm sure Andrew wouldn't mind sharing his room with you. Andrew!!!"

While waiting for Andrew to come down Anju asked Link a question, "Link, why are you staying here?"

Before Link spoke, he hesitated a bit knowing that the couple may be shocked of his answer, "I'm actually here for the knight training program held at Hyrule Kingdom."

As expected, the couple exchanged shocked glances, "But you are a fine knight. Why would you participate in a program like that?"

Link shrugged, "Honestly don't even know."

Link lied. He knew exactly why he was there--to steal back a title that should've been his if it did exist in the time he was well-known.

Suddenly, a boy with brownish-red hair and blue eyes came running down the stairs of the inn. He was fairly younger than Link.

"Yes, father?" he asked.

"Would you be willing to share your room with Link for the duration of his stay?"

Andrew's eyes filled with glee, "Of course I would!"

Andrew saw Link and ran up to him and hugged him.

"I glad to see you too, buddy," Link said as he hugged the young boy.

"C'mon. Let's go. Tell me stories of your adventures!"

"Alright, alright," Link smiled, "Let's go. I'll see you tomorrow, Anju and Kafei. Good night."

They replied their good nights as Link and Andrew went upstairs. Andrew flopped on his bed while Link sat on a bed across from the boy.

"So why are you here, Link?" the boy asked out of curiosity.

Link remembered that Andrew wasn't there for the conversation with the boy's parents.

"Well, Andrew, I'm actually here since I'm joining the knight program out in Hyrule Kingdom."

"Wow!!!" the boy shot up from his position, "I hope to join that program when I'm older. Who's your trainer?"

The boy was full of questions.

"Well, my trainer is that one (Y/N) girl," Link replied back with a little disgust. Just speaking of her made his blood boil.

"The (Y/N) (L/N)??? As in, the best knight in all Hyrule (Y/N)???" Link noticed the boy's eyes sparkling just at the mention of her name.

"Well, she never told me her last name, but yeah, that's her."

"What?!? That's so cool. She's so hot," the boy said as he pretended to fan himself.

All Link could do was look at the boy with shock and confusion, and with a little bit of disgust, "Andrew, you are way too young to be saying those kind of things and she is not hot. You probably need some glasses."

Andrew laughed, "Maybe you're the one that needs glasses."

Link scoffed, "Nope. Never. I know her and she is not that brilliant. End of discussion."

Andrew laughed, "Whatever you say, man."